Please help me with Laposte.net emails!

MsHeather

How in the world can I stop the spam emails from all of these different Laposte.net emails? I am not the brightest induvidual when it comes to computers and there are no "unsubscribe" links. I have tried to respond but can't. I have also gone to the website which is of course not English, yay. Please help, I am tired of nasty emails, and there are SO many! Also, I have placed so many of the email names in my blocked emails section but there are obviously endless numbers of these emails, double yay.

Thanks,

Heather

How in the world can I stop the spam emails from all of these different Laposte.net emails?

Not exactly sure what you are asking. You can't stop anyone from sending you e-mail. You can do some things, use some tools to try to handle that incoming crap. However, you haven't said anything about what you're using, how you handle your e-mail now, etc.

For more data, at the top of this very page you'll find the word 'Search' (right after the word 'Help') ... click on that, paste in "Laposte" into the Keyword field, select "All Forums' in the 'Search Where' box, select "Show results as Posts" in the 'Result Type' box, then click on the 'Perform this search' button. Note how many times Laposte has come up before, from so many happy folks.

Also, I have placed so many of the email names in my blocked emails section but there are obviously endless numbers of these emails, double yay.

This action ties into the massive traffic dealing with 'forged From: and Reply-To: addresses' .. the real issue is when you find your own address in some of these spams .... as you've discovered, trying to block on the From: address is purely a waste of time. Had you mentioned what tools you are actually using, other folks might be able to talk about building Rules, adding in thrid-party tools, etc. Of course, there is the obligatory suggestion that SpamCop.net does offer a filtered e-mail account. Some of this stuff is addressed in the SpamCop FAQ and the SpamCop Wiki ... links also found at the top of this page.

As Wazoo said, there is no way you can stop people from sending you email. What you can do is to filter it. You have tried filtering on the email address which is useless as you have found. In order to filter better, you need to have a better filter. You can buy them, like Mailwasher. Or you can sign up with an online email service that offers free filtering - some, like yahoo and hotmail are free. Others, like spamcop email service cost money. Or you can change internet service providers to one that offers filtering. Or, before you do that, you can see if your current ISP offers filtering only you haven't turned it on.

Feel free to come back and ask any questions after you have looked at the FAQ.

Miss Betsy

Archived