Diversion of the day

Farelf

Thanks to Dave Keays over at the GRC newsgroups for the following timewaster:

HINT - This is page number one. That should be pretty obvious, because it has the numeral "1" above. But there's a problem... there is no link to page 2! How on earth will you find page 2 without a handy link taking you to it? You have to think like a hacker! To get to page 2, you'll have to play around with the web address (URL) of this page. Change it a little, then go there. If you're right, you'll get the next page. If you're wrong, you'll get an ugly error message.
http://www.freestuffhotdeals.com/hacker/1.html

Not that hard, YMMV :P in which case, don't act like a real hacker (else you'll be punished) act like a researcher and find the cheatsheets. Maybe Wazoo should adapt this for the membership entry quiz.

(Yeah the link name looks terrible. Of course I found no obvious danger, half the GRC regulars have run through it, but ... use your own judgement)

Thanks to Dave Keays over at the GRC newsgroups for the following timewaster:http://www.freestuffhotdeals.com/hacker/1.html

Not that hard, YMMV :P in which case, don't act like a real hacker (else you'll be punished) act like a researcher and find the cheatsheets. Maybe Wazoo should adapt this for the membership entry quiz.

Woody.... I did not find the cheat sheet until #21 and then used other sources (Yahoo Answers has almost every question).

Woody....
Indeed, you've 'cracked it' Steven. And since the habit of reading between the lines has evidently evolved into a fine art form "here" I confess my need to afford you the civility of deserved recognition is matched by the urge to indulge in some low innuendo (possibly cross-cultural?). Perhaps I should apologize to lady readers but instead I extend to them the courtesy of imagining that, as representatives of the gender famed for its refinement, they would not 'get it' anyway. Oops, can't help myself, I'm on a 'roll'. Aagh, again! Less sugar, less Benny Hill, less Beavis (almost aagh) and Butt-Head, less red 'meat' (aagh!). Could superior linguistic skills be a liability? But I digress.

Archived