You may try to subscribe another email address or spamcop.net

may be removed from our blocking list by having the

domain administrator contact aup[at]savicom.net

Thank you.

Savicom

Customer Service

support[at]savicom.net

----------------------------------

So, who is the DOMAIN Administrator at spam Cop ????

Moderator Edit: Deleted this user's posting of another user's e-mail address.

Went to subscribe to the newsletter of one of our affiliates today,

and got this rather terse response:

Email Address Not Permitted.

Your attempt to subscribe <elided>[at]spamcop.net to the list b4after failed

And just why are you trying to subscribe someone else to your allegedly desired newsletter? And then march on with that lunacy and post that actual attempted action here?

because the administrator of domain spamcop.net has requested not to receive email from any lists we host.

And you'd seem to want to override this coordination between the primary players?

So, who is the DOMAIN Administrator at spam Cop ????

That data can be found just like any other Domain owner/Admin. However, there's no actual documentation provided here or in your 'error message' that says this action was undertaken by that person ... or if it is even true.

Personally, I'm still wrestling with how to handle your actions of posting someone else's e-mail address within your post, stating that you were attempting to sign that other person up to a newsletter. Surely, you can't be that stupid.

Wazoo - are you sure it's someone else's address, and not one belonging to the OP? Perhaps you've misunderstood what's going on here.

Starting with the Forum 'rule' of only a single account per user, that's why I initially hit the database to do the 'compare' .... That the style of writing, content, etc. was not the "other user's" norm suggested that even before checking, I'd find differing user data. Different IP Addresses, this user's e-mail/domain dealing with subject matter not known (to me anyway) to be of the other user's field of expertise, interest, or published data. In addition, the "other user" knows how to do a WHOIS. I easily convinced myself that there is no connection between the poster and the data actually posted.

All that said, the "other user" has been contacted .. well, e-mail sent ... to advise of the situation brought up here.

Based on feedback from the "other user' ... this user's account Banned, some of this user's other posts have been editied to remove the suggested identity issues. A pretty disgusting situation. Apologies for not recognizing it much, much sooner.

A pretty disgusting situation.
Oddly, it took until this morning early for me to receive e-mail notificaiton of this "new" topic, and the e-mail note did include the "other user's" handle. I take it that the name was manually scribbed from the post that appeared on the forum.

-- rick

No, no, no, this has gotten out of hand --

FIRST: This has nothing to do with spamcop forums what-so-ever.

I was trying to get the affiliates NEWSLETTER of StockLayouts.com site.

THEY are the ones who issued the error that they would not accept a SpamCop.net address.

So I went to the StockLayouts.com top brass.

Since my post HERE,

I discovered that the newsletter at their site is handled by a THIRD party.

So it's the THIRD PARTY who disallows SpamCop.net addresses.

It is NOT the "user's" email address.

It's ANY / ALL SpamCop.net addresses.

Seems they've been reported so many times to SpamCop, they got tired of getting reports -- and therefore are blocking any SpamCop addresses from registering for the newsletter.

They told me to use another address.

But I'm planning on NOT registering and having nothing to do with them.

Obviously if they've gotten that many SpamCop complaints, they are engaged in some form of spamming ... or are at least sloppy enough not to authenticate their users.

So, that settles this whole thread.

Sorry I caused such a stir.

:-)

For those wondering, or trying to figure out if I am really who I am,

I am:

Fred Showker

SafeNetting - a department of UGNN

http://www.ugnn.com

http://www.safenetting.com/

http://www.user-groups.net/

Wazoo...

I figured it out!

But don't know why it confused.

Personally, I'm still wrestling with how to handle your actions of posting someone else's e-mail address within your post, stating that you were attempting to sign that other person up to a newsletter. Surely, you can't be that stupid.

Nope.

I copied the error directly from MY attempt to subscribe.

So the email address was NOT someone else's -- it was MINE.

I was attempting to sign up for the newsletter using MY spamcop address when I got the error.

Whew...

:blink:

So the email address was NOT someone else's -- it was MINE....I was attempting to sign up for the newsletter using MY spamcop address when I got the error.

Which is exactly what I suspected when I posted earlier in this thread. I don't worry about black helicopters, either.... :D

But Wazoo hit the nail on the head with the "single (forum) account per user" rule...that's what caused the confusion, Fred.

DT

No, no, no, this has gotten out of hand --

FIRST: This has nothing to do with spamcop forums what-so-ever.

Actually, the derived situation of this Topic is very much a specific issue for/of this Forum.

So, that settles this whole thread.

Sorry I caused such a stir.

OK situation and circumstances brought to a close, but .... not everyone happy ..???

I figured it out!

But don't know why it confused.

I copied the error directly from MY attempt to subscribe.

So the email address was NOT someone else's -- it was MINE.

I was attempting to sign up for the newsletter using MY spamcop address when I got the error.

My 'problem' ... a baically unknown user makes a post embedding an e-mail address not associated with that user's display name. Your response to my initial e-mail (which included a link to this Topic) didn't say anything about you generating a second account here, only talking about issues you were having with someone else doing exactly what the Topic starting post described ... signing you up to anything and everything, forging your data into the From:/Reply-To: addresses in e-mails, etc. That left me with the only thoughts possible, someone here was also being malicious ... I handled that.

However, it was while doing further research (to include additional input from others) when it appeared that things weren't 'right' .... I then made contact from outside any spamcop.net connection to try to discover whether your spamcop.net e-mail account had possibly been compromised. You replied from that account, so assumedly, the worst fear was laid to rest. (However, I will note that this Reply I found to be a bit confusing.)

I'll admit to apparently getting carried away with the actions taken to resolve the problem I saw, but .... as a perceived security issue, a malicious act by a Registered Forum user, the outright exposure of "someone else's" personal data, I don't know of any other way to handle things here. On the other hand, I have to place a lot of the blame at your feet ... generating a second account, not providing that bit of detail in your e-mail response, just to pick a couple of items to bitch about.

I'm hoping that your 'figured it out' actually means that you sorted out why I was actually up to and why certain things happened 'here' .... Though only a lowly volunteer, I take this kind of stuff very seriously. The breach of personal data of "another user's data" is what set me off the most.

Archived