[Resolved] AT&T rejecting email

AT&T rejecting mail sent via spamcop today for BL reasons (if I'm reading the gibberish right). I get nearly identical errors sending mail from either SC horde webmail, or the SC SMTP server.

Thanks...

The following message to <[my PB address][at]pacbell.net> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 553-'5.3.0 nlpi050 - m751RNYw006028, DNSBL:521< 216.154.195.49 >_is_blocked.__For_information_see_http://att.net/blocks'
Final-Recipient: rfc822;[my PB address][at]pacbell.net
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; [207.115.37.23]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 553-'5.3.0 nlpi050 - m751RNYw006028, DNSBL:521< 216.154.195.49 >_is_blocked.__For_information_see_http://att.net/blocks' (delivery attempts: 0)
Reporting-MTA: dns; c60.cesmail.net

Confirmed. Just tried sending to PacBell's abuse address and it was immediately rejected with the same error, which is almost identical to the one we're receiving from Hotmail/MSN, making me wonder if they're perhaps using some shared proprietary RBL database.

Someone needs to alert JT - hey Wazoo....you seem to have better luck that the rest of us in getting his attention, so please do what you can to "page JT."

DT

Thanks David.

I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but I have verified my AT&T mail account is rejecting mail as above, even after the following:

Verified "Do not screen my incoming messages for spam." setting was/is selected.

Added my spamcop address to the at&t address book (as white-list test).

Sucks that they apply blocklists with while leading you to believe they are not, and further sucks that apparently no whitelisting is available. :angry:

<snip>

<snip>

...You were using the link labeled "Search" that appears between the links labeled "Help" and "Members," right? Yeah, that one's pretty limited. You might have more luck (perhaps too much luck :)) with the "Search for -->" near the top of the page.

Archived