MailWasher Pro 6.2.1

stevk

I have just purchased MailWasher Pro 6.2.1 program which enables one to dlete spam from the server and also report to SpamCop. I am already a member of SpamCop . Used the following email address to submit my spam emails through this program: "submit.dxX30R52BjsO8pCn[at]spam.spamcop.net" Emails sent to that email addess are not accepted.

Can you tell me please why this is happening, and what I can do so that I can report spam emails to SpamCop. The other issue that I am having is that SpamCop won't accept spam reporting emails arriving from my second account (not registered through SpamCop).

How can I report spam emails from both of my accounts with thsi program? I am a paying, registered member with SpamCop. Thanks.

First thing you need to do is email spamcop and request a new reporting address, your has now been compromised by posting it in public. Second, what is the actual error message you are receiving? Do you have mailhosts setup? Do the messages simply never show up at spamcop?

First thing ..... Second, ....

Thirdly, take a look at the Forum FAQ and please follow the instructions on changing your 'display' name. (Yes, yes, we all know that the e-mail address you chose to use will not fit into the Subject Line of the PM.)

I sent your new 'submit' address by email. I don't need you to jump through any hoops before I take care of business.

Your Mailwasher problem is not that SpamCop won't accept the email, it is that your ISP's mail server will not accept the email. Mailwasher can't send the spam to us.

That is likely because you need to give Mailwasher the same SMTP and login information that you use for your email account. In the end, Mailwasher is just another email client, with a slightly different focus. Mailwasher needs to log into your ISP so it can send mail.

It is possible that your ISP is scanning your email and sees that the email you're trying to send to us is spam. If that's the case, you will need to talk to your ISP about it.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

I sent your new 'submit' address by email. I don't need you to jump through any hoops before I take care of business.
Thanks Don, efficient as ever.
Your Mailwasher problem is not that SpamCop won't accept the email, it is that your ISP's mail server will not accept the email. Mailwasher can't send the spam to us.

That is likely because you need to give Mailwasher the same SMTP and login information that you use for your email account. In the end, Mailwasher is just another email client, with a slightly different focus. Mailwasher needs to log into your ISP so it can send mail.

It is possible that your ISP is scanning your email and sees that the email you're trying to send to us is spam. If that's the case, you will need to talk to your ISP about it.

Repeated so it stays on top.

On the other matter raised, that of the display name (info[at]...), that name is fairly widely promulgated on the internet already and, given that, I doubt changing it 'here' will make much difference - but, O/P's choice whether to do so or not A. But other readers, visitors who may yet register on these (or other) forums, should note: Spammers love Forum name = e-mail address.

A See SECTION 7 - Change of Username

Thirdly, take a look at the Forum FAQ and please follow the instructions on changing your 'display' name. (Yes, yes, we all know that the e-mail address you chose to use will not fit into the Subject Line of the PM.)

Hi,

Is it possible to take off my email address from the Forum? I know, amateurish mistake. I thought that it woudl be safe to use it in the SpamCop forum. If there is a way of deleting my email address, I woudl appreciate that. If not, please advise how this can be done as I have not left my email address anywhere else.

Thanks.

Is it possible to take off my email address from the Forum? I know, amateurish mistake. I thought that it woudl be safe to use it in the SpamCop forum. If there is a way of deleting my email address, I woudl appreciate that. If not, please advise how this can be done as I have not left my email address anywhere else.
See the link (A) I referenced for you in the post immediately above, we don't delete members. You won't be able to follow the process exactly as described (space limitations in message subject) so just use (literally) Name Change: << old name>> | << new name>> in the title and detail the actual names in the body.

P.S. If you don't think your address is "out there", just try Googling it. I did, that's why I made the comment I did. One way or another you seem to have taken none of that post on board. Perhaps it wasn't visible when you were reading Don's response which preceded it. [Or maybe that was stuff I added in an edit 'on the fly' when you were reading the rest. Anyhow, answers as given.]

I suggested, Farelf went further and listed the links in question about handling a display name change. PM received, action taken.

However, along the same lines as Farelf's last information, I find it strange that you have 'this' name embedded all over your web-pages, to include content like http://....g?login=xxxx ... personally wondering how many hacking attempts you may have created due to that kind of content.

I suggested, Farelf went further and listed the links in question about handling a display name change. PM received, action taken.

However, along the same lines as Farelf's last information, I find it strange that you have 'this' name embedded all over your web-pages, to include content like http://....g?login=xxxx ... personally wondering how many hacking attempts you may have created due to that kind of content.

Hi Wazoo,

Can you show me please where is the embedding of information that you write about. As far as I know, I have removed all refrences to my email address from the site. Can you send me a link where you see this please. I am using Microsoft Publisher 2000 to create my web site and am not very experienced with anything else. My web site has been up for about 9 years but it is only about a year ago that I decided to get rid of the live email address that coudl be harvested by spammers. Can you tell me please where you see this information : http://....g?login=xxxx ...

Thanks....

My web site has been up for about 9 years but it is only about a year ago that I decided to get rid of the live email address that coudl be harvested by spammers.

That probably explains Farelf's data.

Can you tell me please where you see this information : http://....g?login=xxxx ...

I was initially interested in just why you seemed to like the ton-load of blank vertical whitespace on every page (that I looked at) As I had just done the name-change here and had to massage the database directly to complete that action, this 'new' name just jumped out at me in several places. The easiest way to point them out would be the example of your Contact page. Hover over several of the off-site links. The 'extremetracking' code bit is another spot. You probably don't have much control over the way these off-site things do their 'tracking' but .... again, I was just surprised to see the name you requested showing up in so many places within your code, linked to other sites.

• 4 weeks later...
<---SNIP!!---> what is the actual error message you are receiving? Do you have mailhosts setup? Do the messages simply never show up at spamcop?

In the last week or so I too am getting an error meessage when I submit via Mailwasher Pro....It has worked just fine til now

Message is:

The following message to <submit.XXXXXXXXXXetc.> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.6.0 - Other content error 500-"object of type 'NoneType' has no len()"

Any Suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

In the last week or so I too am getting an error meessage when I submit via Mailwasher Pro....It has worked just fine til now

1. Confirm the the <submit.XXXXXXXXXXetc.> matches what you see after you have logged into your account at http://www.spamcop.net

2. Have there been any updates to Mailwasher (even in the background) recently?

3. Contact Mailwasher support.

The following message to <submit.XXXXXXXXXXetc.> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.6.0 - Other content error 500-"object of type 'NoneType' has no len()"

That looks like your service provider doesn't like the content of the mail you're sending to us.

SpamCop doesn't reject or refuse spam submissions. If you can't send them to us, it's because MailWasher isn't set up right or your ISP has started filtering your outgoing mail.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

• 10 months later...

I, too, have recently been experiencing a problem submitting spam reports via Mailwasher - it's been happening for about two weeks now, and I've not changed any settings and I've checked that the submission address is correct.

I get an email with the subject: Returned mail: #5.5.2 syntax error 'MAIL From: <my e-mail address>.

Does this mean that it's my ISP blocking the messages? I can copy and paste the header into the reporting box on the SpamCop page and it will process it with no problem at all, but that defeats the object of me being able to simply tick the 'SpamCop' box in Mailwasher.

I think what Don said was that if you get a returned submission, it is your ISP filtering outgoing mail since spamcop does not reject spam submissions.

There is a FAQ somewhere that has several steps to confirm what is happening. One step is to copy your submission to another email address and see if it gets there. If it doesn't, then that points to your ISP filtering on outgoing content. I wonder if your ISP would be willing to refund the money you spent on Mailwasher? If they spent as much effort filtering incoming email, you wouldn't have to have an anti-spam program, would you?

Miss Betsy

I get an email with the subject: Returned mail: #5.5.2 syntax error 'MAIL From: <my e-mail address>.

Does this mean that it's my ISP blocking the messages? I can copy and paste the header into the reporting box on the SpamCop page and it will process it with no problem at all, but that defeats the object of me being able to simply tick the 'SpamCop' box in Mailwasher.

Not according to the error message, if taken literaly and assumed to be correct. You say you checked the address, but ..... easiest thing to try is to delete what's there and re-enter it (correctly) ....

Not according to the error message, if taken literaly and assumed to be correct. You say you checked the address, but ..... easiest thing to try is to delete what's there and re-enter it (correctly) ....

Thanks Wazoo, but I've done that several times already by copying and pasting it.

Thanks Wazoo, but I've done that several times already by copying and pasting it.

OK, that suggests that the string of characters you supplied to MailWadher is correct. What's not known at this point is just what MailWasher has done with it.

I can copy and paste the header into the reporting box on the SpamCop page and it will process it with no problem at all, but that defeats the object of me being able to simply tick the 'SpamCop' box in Mailwasher.

Does this 'rejection' e-mail contain the original e-mail within its body? It is assumed that Ouitlook is the e-mail client involved, but is it?

Here's the next troubleshooting step. Do what you say you've done before, but ... provide the complete e-mail, that is ... headers AND body ... to the (two section Outlook work-around) web-form parser, capture the Tracking URL, cancel the Report, and provide the Tracking URL here. (yes, I am noting that if the munging action of the parser works, the 'real' evidence will probably disappear, but as stated, this is the next troubleshooting step.)

PM received asking about Don's answers stating tha SpamCop.net doesn't reject e-mail and my answers dealng with questions dealing with delivery actions prior to SpamCop.net receiving those e-mails. There is no difference of opinion in the matter of the SpamCop.net Parsing & Reporting System.

The difference in the type and content of ansers comes from other pecific details provided by the users in question. For instance, the error codes offered up (5.6.0 and 5.5.2) suggest to me that an Exchange server is in the mix ... normal SMTP error codes would be shown as 560 / 552 (though haven't checked to see if these are even valid numbers/codes.) So my point is the same as Don's suggestions have been ... the e-mail isn't able to transit the users' own ISP e-mail servers. So the apparent actual issue seems to be between the users' ISP/Host and the MailWasher tool.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/excha...nge2003_NDR.htm suggests that the last error code could be either a disk full condition at the server, which would seem to be a rough one for the ISP/Host to not notice ... but also suggests a possible syntax error in a Telnet connection ... something a bit more plausible (not ignoring that this page was built on that person's best guesses at what codes meant)

My suggested troubleshooting steps are to try to take a look at what's actually trying to be delivered to see if there's anything obvious in that data to explain the problem. Can't overlook that there's only a couple of users complaining thus far, and even those posts are distanced by time ... of course also noting the lack of feedback from the earlier posters as to what fixed (or not) their issue.

Archived