[Resolved] "Report Now" broken for me

micoots

Hi,

This is meant for a SpamCop Admin.

When I go to my "Report Now" link for my account, I get this:

meta name="ke

and that's it. The link I am accessing is:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z2236011188za...7462e46713d655z

So I can no longer report spam. This only started happening 15 minutes ago and because I can't be selective in spamcop (ie. I can't skip this one without first going past the "Report Now" section) there is nothing I can do except report this problem to a SpamCop admin.

Also just as a comment. It would be much easier to just email an admin instead of go through a forum which could potentially make public, some private information.

Could a SpamCop admin checkout this problem please.

Thanks.

Michael.

This is meant for a SpamCop Admin.

Also just as a comment. It would be much easier to just email an admin instead of go through a forum which could potentially make public, some private information.

Hi Michael,

Sure you can email the SC admin. He is Don D'Minion service[at]admin.spamcop.net (just replace the [at]). There's a half dozen ways to find that address but no, not all find it straight up I guess.

I will be moving this to the Reporting forum. Don has said he never looks in the Lounge.

[link munged]

Sure you can email the SC admin. He is Don D'Minion service[at]admin.spamcop.net (just replace the [at]). There's a half dozen ways to find that address but no, not all find it straight up I guess.

Seriously the quickest replies I've ever had to a forum post on any website. Thanks for that.

I have added that to my address book in case a problem like this was to happen again.

Hopefully Don can replicate the problem, I have given him my username and password so he can check it out for himself. Using different web browsers didn't help.

Michael.

When I go to my "Report Now" link for my account, I get this:

meta name="ke

and that's it. The link I am accessing is:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z2236011188za...7462e46713d655z

That is one sick spam ... mailing-list post .. whatever. However, I can see that Parse result just fine, suggesting that you have some kind of browser issue going on (usual suggestion, clear cache, close it down, fire up the browser again.) []

As Farekf states, Contact addresses exist in numerous places. The Official/Original FAQ, the SpamCop FAQ - single-page-access-expanded version as found here, in the Announcements section, on and on.

The flip side is that your e-mail is going to but a three or four people that are trying to handle 800-1800 e-mails-a-day. That's the background for the user-to-user support found here and in the newsgroups.

Seriously the quickest replies I've ever had to a forum post on any website. Thanks for that.

As stated in a lot of places, this Forum is not your typical support place. There's a lot of folks around the world willing to help out, pass on their knowledge ... and once again, I have never seen anything anywhere else that comes close to the fantastic Moderating team as we have here.

Situation appears to have been handled via PM with a Moderator here and e-mail to/with Don. End result, all Reports have been cleared, so the problem apparently no longer exists. What's missing is what actually happened, who did what, when, etc. Tagging this as Resolved, as no one else that passed on any data had any issue with the Parse result in question.

What's missing is what actually happened, who did what, when, etc.
I don't know what happened. I never got any email about the issue.

I logged in as the user and tested the parse. It worked just fine for me, so I backed out without reporting the spam so it would stay "live." Then I worked up a post for the forum, but I cleverly closed the browser window instead of posting it, so it was lost. I just now figured that out.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Numerous PM messages with micoots

final PM received:

Yes, as soon as I cleared that message using Firefox on Linux, I then returned to my Windows XP machine and was able to continue releasing the rest.

Thanks.

It boils down to the computer running XP had an issue with the specific spam message posted. The exact problem is unkown. Several other people including micoots were able to access the message from different computers.

As stated above micoots was able to process the message using Firefox on Linux which solved the problem.

I am marking this topic resolved.

Archived