[Resolved] Webmail & filtering service down

Anyone else experiencing this? I can't get into webmail; it just times out. And I can see from my ISP email accounts that email has been forwarded to SpamCop but it's not getting there and the senders are getting timeout messages sent back to them - these mention SpamCop, which is very confusing to some of them.

It looks like the service has been down for over 12 hours!

Anyone else experiencing this? I can't get into webmail; it just times out. And I can see from my ISP email accounts that email has been forwarded to SpamCop but it's not getting there and the senders are getting timeout messages sent back to them - these mention SpamCop, which is very confusing to some of them.

It looks like the service has been down for over 12 hours!

logged in from Sydney Australia OK

tried to sernd email on port 587

!2/10/2008, 20:30:58: SEND - Could not connect to the server

???

logged in from Sydney Australia OK

tried to sernd email on port 587

!2/10/2008, 20:30:58: SEND - Could not connect to the server

???

I was able to log into both HTTP and HTTPS ports of webmail and send via the alternate SMTP port and via webmail. Also, email was working as late as 01:30 EDT (just as my Boston Red Sox were finishing their playoff win :) )

Now emails to support[at]spamcop.net are being bounced and I still can't get into webmail. Maybe have to think of another solution to spam. I've used SpamCop for years but haven't had such a service outage or been unable to contact support before.

Now emails to support[at]spamcop.net are being bounced and I still can't get into webmail. Maybe have to think of another solution to spam. I've used SpamCop for years but haven't had such a service outage or been unable to contact support before.

Are you trying to use SpamCop's outgoing SMTP? If your account has been locked out or expired, that would not work either.

Have you tried from some other service? Mail is flowing into and out of spamcop just fine. I currently have messages in my mailbox from 6PM last night through 5AM this morning plus my tests into and out of tmy account. I have sent one email to support[at]spamcop.net alerting them to this thread and will send another more specific one if you are willing to PM me your spamcop email address to pass along to them.

Keep in mind that I am not an employee of SpamCop, just another user who would like to see you solve your issue. Your safest path would be direct communication via an alternate email account.

Thanks for that information. My ISP have now accepted that it may be a routing problem and are working on that, so it looks like it's not a SpamCop problem.

Later: the ISP have traced where the problem is but they can't do anything about it.

Thanks for that information. My ISP have now accepted that it may be a routing problem and are working on that, so it looks like it's not a SpamCop problem.

Later: the ISP have traced where the problem is but they can't do anything about it.

Marking this thread resolved.

I was able to log into both HTTP and HTTPS ports of webmail and send via the alternate SMTP port and via webmail. Also, email was working as late as 01:30 EDT (just as my Boston Red Sox were finishing their playoff win :) )

Working for me now also

probably my ISP

Archived