Updating MailHost when server has changed

I transferred my email account to a different server.

I can no longer parse spam without a message about "Nothing to do"

I figure this is due to the current mailhost server is no longer valid with my email address.

Do I need to delete it and then add a new one?

Or can I add a new one with the same email address and a different server?

Any instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I don't know whether these help or not (found in Mailhost Typical Questions)

"Another Solution for people with email addresses at different domains: Start over.

dbiel's instructions:

Open up the reporting window and click on MailHosts.

Delete anything that shows up. (the delete option is near the bottom of the list)

Now click on "Add new hosts" and enter myname[at] firstdomain.com and enter firstdomain in the next box.

Complete the registration process for that one account before trying to add the second account.

If you receive an error message, follow the instructions contained in the message. If you can not understand the instructions, than post a copy of the entire error message.

But remember, you have to complete each account BEFORE starting to add the next account."

and this

"If SMTP servers are added or changed, it is sometimes necessary to re-register them. If you are dealing with any major ISP, this will happen automaticly and you will not have to do it personally (at least most of the time) But if you are setting up your own SMTP servers then definately make sure you re-register every time you make a server change or you may find that you are reporting yourself if you have not carefully checked each report before it is sent."

It has been so long since I looked at a mailhost question that I don't remember much about how it works, except it does look at servers, not email addresses. These comments do seem to indicate that you do have to re-register

Miss Betsy

I transferred my email account to a different server.

I can no longer parse spam without a message about "Nothing to do"

I figure this is due to the current mailhost server is no longer valid with my email address.

Do I need to delete it and then add a new one?

Or can I add a new one with the same email address and a different server?

Any instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I believe, you can simply resubmit the same address, but if you changed the host you may want to delete that mailhost and redo it.

Archived