webmail and Imap issues

Is anyone else having problems with sending messages via webmail or checking mail using imap.spamcop.net? Right now I'm having issues with both. I suspected it was just my new install of linux causing problems, so I went to webmail and got a timeout issue trying to send a message.

FWIW, I've sent a PM to both Wazoo and JT. Dont' know when either one of them will pick it up, but I've done my best. :-)

Is anyone else having problems with sending messages via webmail or checking mail using imap.spamcop.net? Right now I'm having issues with both. I suspected it was just my new install of linux causing problems, so I went to webmail and got a timeout issue trying to send a message.

FWIW, I've sent a PM to both Wazoo and JT. Dont' know when either one of them will pick it up, but I've done my best. :-)

Two servers that handle routing of POP, IMAP, and HTTP encountered problems simultaneously, so those services were unreliable for the last 45 minutes. Everything should be back up and running smoothly now.

-Trevor

Contents of my test e-mail, sent via an IMAP connection;

Response to your PM No errors seen in my IMAP connection, though

noting also that there hasn't been any new e-mail for a while.

Noting also that there seems to be an issue with the Forum app

pulling up the Parsing & Reporting System graphic. However, pulling

up my 'custom page' also shows noting from that cesmail server.

Wondering if there's another routing issue in the data-center.

Not sure if Trevor's response covers it all ...???

To: "SpamCop Support"

Subject: other cesmail server appears down

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:34:30 -0600

About the same time as issues were noted about the e-mail/IMAP

servers, this one also appears to have gone down.

http://alpha.cesmail.net/graphics/spamstats.gif is currently

non-loading on the default Forum page, my 'custom' page that pulls

up several other graphic images from that same server is coming up

empty.

There still seems to be a problem with the "Reporting Server Status" graphic (http://alpha.cesmail.net/graphics/spamstats.gif), so I don't think that yesterday's problems are entirely solved just yet.

The server that generates the graphs (alpha) lost power during all the events and failed to reboot. It is stored remotely and is low priority (it provides no mail services), so we didn't go out there immediately. It is back up now.

-Trevor

Archived