SPAMCOP HOME · SPAMCOP FAQ · NEWSGROUPS · FORUM FAQ · WEBMAIL · SSL WEBMAIL · SPAMCOPWIKI

Other words, data, places -->  SpamCop Pages V  FAQs & Words V  Newsgroups V  WebMail V  News-Recent Stuff V   Poll on menu

------>------> Latest and Current Announcements <------<------

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This is a User to User Support Forum

The primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users. (please remember this at all times!)
Another try:
This forum is composed of people who have used spamcop and those who are learning about anti-spam efforts.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can't reply to e-mail
flourguy
post Apr 26 2004, 10:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1288

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
I hate spam as much as the next guy, but when I get thrown out by a spam filter when I'm REPLYING to an e-mail, I have to question the wisdom of the system. Isn't your system smart enough to see it's a reply and let it go through?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Merlyn
post Apr 26 2004, 10:25 AM
Post #2

Been There
Group Icon

Group: Memberp
Member No.: 25

QUOTE(flourguy @ Apr 26 2004, 11:00 AM)
I hate spam as much as the next guy, but when I get thrown out by a spam filter when I'm REPLYING to an e-mail, I have to question the wisdom of the system.    Isn't your system smart enough to see it's a reply and let it go through?

Not sure what you mean because Spamcop does not block anything. If you are replying then whoever you are replying to is blocking you.

If you need assistance then post the deny/block message or the IP of the server you think is blocked.

--------------------
Regards,
Merlyn
A Spamcop advocate
People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoided!
+Quote Post
Spambo
post Apr 26 2004, 10:47 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Membera
Member No.: 72

QUOTE(flourguy @ Apr 26 2004, 10:00 AM)
I hate spam as much as the next guy, but when I get thrown out by a spam filter when I'm REPLYING to an e-mail, I have to question the wisdom of the system.    Isn't your system smart enough to see it's a reply and let it go through?

The SCBL is a database that contains the IP address (not email addresses or domain names) that are currently being reported as the source of spam that users receive. It does NOT evaluate the content of emails.

--------------------
Spambo
Just a SpamCop forum participant, not an admin
or employee of SpamCop or related domains.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 07:19 AM