spam forwarding to spamcop not blocked by ISP, to knujon/coldrain blocked

ZapZombie

I guess spamcom has agreed with ISP's to turn off their spam filter towards spamcop e-mailaccounts in order to be able to receive the forwarded spam?

When my Habul plugin for Thunderbird also forwarded spam to coldrain.net/knujon, I read an error message from the smtp server of my ISP, that the e-mail was not sent because the content was unsolicited.

I have requested my ISP to turn off this block towards coldrain.net, like I guessed it is towards spamcop.net

I have requested my ISP to turn off this block towards coldrain.net, like I guessed it is towards spamcop.net

You are correct, it is between you and your ISP. I use the same setup as you do to forward received spam to SpamCop, KnujOn and spam{at}uce.gov SpamCop is lots of things but each ISP decides how to set their own filters, incoming and outgoing.

Thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...

Because in the mean time I have read in the answer of my ISP that they decided to keep the spamfilter to knujon/coldrain.net, I searched and found a way to get my spamreports to my reporting ID address at coldrain.net:

I have installed the "Auto compress file" extension for thunderbird. When I compress the spam attachments, they are not recognized by the spamfilter.

Because in the mean time I have read in the answer of my ISP that they decided to keep the spamfilter to knujon/coldrain.net, I searched and found a way to get my spamreports to my reporting ID address at coldrain.net:

I have installed the "Auto compress file" extension for thunderbird. When I compress the spam attachments, they are not recognized by the spamfilter.

Why do you not use say Gmail for your outgoing email?

I never recommend using your local ISP Gmail do electronically read email though (datamine)

Archived