Error Message

ericshajil

I'm Receiving the following error while sending message to particular Email address. Please let me know how do I rectify this error.

The original message was received at Mon, 26 Aug 2013 15:07:47 -0400 from [10.30.71.205]

*** ATTENTION ***

This email is being returned to you because the remote server would not or could not accept the message. The registeredsite servers are just reporting to you what happened and are not the source of the problem.

The address which was undeliverable is in the section labeled:

"----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is in the section labeled:

"----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

This section describes the specific reason your e-mail could not be delivered.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail administrator.

--Registeredsite Postmaster

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <xxx[at]yyy.com>

(reason: 552 5.2.0 HX7o1m02i19BYgp01X7o5J IB212 msg rejected as spam)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to smtp.secureserver.net.:

>>> DATA

<<< 552 5.2.0 HX7o1m02i19BYgp01X7o5J IB212 msg rejected as spam

554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

You would need to know the IP address that smtp.secureserver.net is objecting to - that address is blocklisted, the extent of which might be indicated if it is listed on major public blocklists (though not necessarily the specific reason for that particular block). That happens when someone has used that IP address to send spam, "contaminating" the the sending address when this is detected. A service such as http://multirbl.valli.org/dnsbl-lookup/ cam quickly show the status for multiple major (and minor) blocklists, given the address.

Sometimes the "offending" address is a regular SMTP server for a whole network, which affects many other users. Most reputable commercial networks try to keep their outgoing servers free of spam, to discover and eliminate spamsources and to delist their servers from blocklists, both public and private. Blocking will then often be temporary and re-sending the message will often be met with success the next time, either through the blocking being removed or the retry exiting though an alternative server (since major networks will use many).

Other types of lookup allow sending domains to be queried and these show results for each of the IP addresses detected sending messages:

http://www.senderbase.org/home

https://www.senderscore.org/index.php (need to register for a free accounts to get much information).

There are many "variations" on the theme and only specific detail will reveal whether the more common situation as discussed is applicable to your case. Incidentally, the IP address you are posting from has a lousy e-mail reputation. That shouldn't matter since it should never (though it has) be used to send "direct to the internet", only via authorised relay through a proper SMTP server of a regular service provider. Some networks, given its history, might object to its presence in the message headers even when it is not in direct interface with the remote server. That should not happen but in such a case you are stymied - the only options are to find a more reputable address (or provider) or to work with the receiving network(s) towards a more reasonable policy (not a project for the faint-hearted or any in their twilight years).

As has been frequently observed, "spammers have spoiled it for everyone" - they send the overwhelming volume of e-mail through the internet. In a mission-critical commercial environment with significant messaging demands, the only real solution might be to establish your own mail exchange with a permanently-allocated and exclusive IP address that has not already been "contaminated", accessed through a private/virtual private network. Others could advise you far better than I about that and you may find a certain amount of relevant commentary by searching previous discussions in these (and other) forums.

Archived