"content omitted to avoid loading tracker images"

Calion

Why does the content need to be omitted in source view? It's just displaying the raw source; it shouldn't be parsing the code in any case. The content being omitted makes it really difficult to determine which addresses to report to in many cases. For instance, SpamCop will often suggest reportphishing@apple.com as a report-to address, but the emails in question are usually not phishing attempts (at least for my AppleID), so I don't want to misreport. But that's impossible to tell when I can't see the actual content of the message.

I have never see that. Have you looked at the full text of the spam you submitted? The body of the email may have been deleted by your ISP, email app, or email host in the current "protect us from ourselves" environment to "avoid" a detected tracking images.

I would just uncheck the phishing report and move on.

8 hours ago, Calion said:

Why does the content need to be omitted in source view? It's just displaying the raw source; it shouldn't be parsing the code in any case. The content being omitted makes it really difficult to determine which addresses to report to in many cases. For instance, SpamCop will often suggest reportphishing@apple.com as a report-to address, but the emails in question are usually not phishing attempts (at least for my AppleID), so I don't want to misreport. But that's impossible to tell when I can't see the actual content of the message.

tracking images are often invisible pictures linked by spammers  to verify your email address.

It would be your email provider not loading image source. Most allow you to click a "load images" button?

19 hours ago, Calion said:

Ah. It's the scri_pt I'm using to upload the spam to SpamCop. I thought it was SpamCop itself. Thanks.

Email providers should have a warning "Get ready to avert your eyes" not all images are invisible!

Archived