How can I get email from a source marked as Spam?

SandySeas

There are a couple of places that I signed up to get email from but every time they send me something the message is all garbled. How can I change this so I recieve the mail the way they sent it to me? :(

What do you mean garbled? You'll have to post an example here.

JT

There are a couple of places that I signed up to get email from but every time they send me something the message is all garbled. How can I change this so I recieve the mail the way they sent it to me? :(

In addition to JeffG's query for more data, I'll also ask you to explain the variance between your Topic Subject line vice your question ... Subject line appears to be asking how to "whitelist" a source of incoming e-mail, but all you actually state is something about incoming stuff being garbled. Confused ....??? (I am)

Here is part of an example of an email I recieved.

<scri_pt type="text/java scri_pt" language="java scri_pt">

<!--

var feedbackDetails = 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,height='+460+',width='+640+',top='+((screen.height/2)-(460/2))+',left='+((screen.width/2)-(640/2));

// -->

</scri_pt>

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>JetMail </TITLE>

<style><!--

A.mice

{COLOR: #ffffff;

FONT-FAMILY: verdana, arial, helvetica,

I would like to be able to read the emails from this source.

Thank you

<!--

var feedbackDetails = 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,height='+460+',width='+640+',top='+((screen.height/2)-(460/2))+',left='+((screen.width/2)-(640/2));

// -->

</scri_pt>

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>JetMail </TITLE>

<style><!--

A.mice

{COLOR: #ffffff;

FONT-FAMILY: verdana, arial, helvetica,

Thank you

This has nothing to do with the SpamCop Email System. We didn't add that code or change the email in any way.

Somebody's email system is sending you junk, that's all.

I've got no idea what JetMail is, but it's not connected to us.

JT

<!--

// -->

</scri_pt>

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>JetMail </TITLE>

<style><!--

Thank you

What you posted is not "garbled" .... it's showing the HTML encoding that would normally make the e-mail show up just like a web page. So, I can't see that you've identified what e-mail app you're using, so it's hard to make a suggestion.

Here's a possible .. if you're using OE6sp1, there's a checkbox that says "Read as Plain Text only" ... which turns off the HTML rendering done on the e-mail, which would result in exactly what you've posted.

So what are you using to "read" your e-mail?

In addition, if you scroll down further in thsi "sample", eventually you'll come across whatever the "actual message" was ... it'll just be hiding in amongst all this HTML garbage.

Archived