Cannot find out why we keep getting blacklisted...

blue

It looks like it's about to be blacklisted again. I have read everything on this site reguarding why we'd be blacklisted. We closed all openrelays, and the only thing we can figure is that somebody or something internal is sending email. Can anybody tell me what email is being sent from us that is being tracked as spam by spamcop? We have searched everywhere and can't figure out why this is happening.

...You may be being a little too impatient. :) It may take a day or so for the few and busy folks who might be looking at it to get there....

...Did you check the inbox where spam reports are going for this IP (michael.morrison <at > vuinteractive.com)?

...How about the server logs?

...To save your tired fingers a little, you may address me as "Steve" rather than "turetzsr." :)

...Did you check the inbox where spam reports are going for this IP (michael.morrison <at > vuinteractive.com)?

He's never received any reports.

Turned up nothing.

...To save your tired fingers a little, you may address me as "Steve" rather than "turetzsr."

I copied and pasted, so I actually didn't tire my fingers :)

Any more suggestions you can think of Steve? At this point I'm ready to try anything. Thanks for your help.

Hi, Blue,

Turned up nothing.

Any more suggestions you can think of Steve? At this point I'm ready to try anything. Thanks for your help.

...The only other thing other than waiting for someone official from SpamCop to reply: I'm receiving spam reports, but my mail server logs don't reflect it. Why?

Please review:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=140&st=5

No reports for 198.74.36.212 on MAPS. No samples from Spamcop, but no reports of spam traps either.

It is showing a rDNS error, so this might cause some spam filters to flag it as spam by mistake, and some people report everything their spam filters flag with out checking it.

And many mail servers will not accept e-mail from a mail server with a bad rDNS.

Reports of spamtraps, but no other samples would indicate something autoresponding to viruses that are spoofing spam traps.

But then I see that you changed your I.P. address, so now the people reading this forum do not know what to look up.

With out the new I.P. address, no one can do any lookups to try to identify what is going on.

-John

Personal Opinion Only

Archived