Is Yahoo loosing it?

shmengie

What the ??????

I stumbled upon shopping.yahoo.com while analyzing prices for http://snapgear.store.yahoo.com/ (which btw, are some pretty awesome little VPN/firewall devices).

Anyhow, if you use firefox, like me, the site looks totally broke. I almost wrote cyberguard to tell them, but checked it out with IE and everything looked okay.

I thought that was totally unacceptable. So I wrote yahoo, guessing [at] addresses I came up with marketing[at]yahoo.com and that has been bouncing back to the wrong mail server every 10 minutes, since. They don't even bother to include a 550 error.

I thought yahoo was an Internet based company? Don't they know the rules???? WT?

I guess that explains why I never bothered with yahoo much in the past. And certainly explains why I won't bother in the future.

I stumbled upon shopping.yahoo.com while analyzing prices for http://snapgear.store.yahoo.com/ (which btw, are some pretty awesome little VPN/firewall devices).

Anyhow, if you use firefox, like me, the site looks totally broke.  I almost wrote cyberguard to tell them, but checked it out with IE and everything looked okay.

31620[/snapback]

Hi shmengie!

I use Firefox and was able to follow the URL and everything looked just fine for me.

Perhaps the site has been fixed as a result of your efforts or maybe they were working on it at just the time you visited or perhaps there's something strange about your Firefox config... I'm using version 1.0.6

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

![at]#$^[at]!#$ never occurred to check Firefox settings.

This reasonablly sensible setting in firefox does break yeahoo store.

Tools/Options/Web Features

[x] Load images

[x] for the originating web site only

Unchecking "for the originating web site only" fixes the issue I encountered. It's been soo long since I checked that, I don't remember doing it, and now feel caddywampus for having unchecked it.

--

Howver, I'm still reciving bounces for my incorrectly addressed marketing[at]yahoo.com complaint.

Guess I'm gotta to kick my mailserver and tell it to quit trying to send, because it's not recieving the blow-back.

--

I've formed the opinion Yeahoo is much smarter than I, because they have the art of misdirection employed well beyond my short term imagination.

Archived