Can't change my email

berryproud

I am trying to change the email address in which I recieve my spam cop reports. I am a paid user. I recently deleted my old email address and recieved a message from spamcop saying they recieved a bounce and to change my email address. When I do this under preferences it keeps defaulting back to the old email address and I keep getting the bounce notices. I have changed this at least twenty times but when I get the confirmation email in my new address it says I am changing my email address to my OLD address. I am putting my new email address in the box and clicking save settings. It isn't working....could someone tell me why or what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Guessing a bit here, but could make the assumption that you are being "protected" from someone trying to steal your account, but the veification e-mail can't be sent because yoiu killed that address before making the change. AT this point, you can only appeal to the folks that can reach in and manipulate the databases ... you say paid, but don't say what type of account .... if a Report-Only using Fuel type, contact service <at> admin.spamcop.net ... if a Filtered E-Mail account, contact support <at> spamcop.net .... and in either case, you need to provide sufficient data so they can verify that you are "you" ....

I am trying to change the email address in which I recieve my spam cop reports.  I am a paid user.  I recently deleted my old email address and recieved a message from spamcop saying they recieved a bounce and to change my email address.  When I do this under preferences it keeps defaulting back to the old email address and I keep getting the bounce notices.  I have changed this at least twenty times but when I get the confirmation email in my new address it says I am changing my email address to my OLD address.  I am putting my new email address in the box and clicking save settings.  It isn't working....could someone tell me why or what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

13770[/snapback]

Send your registered SC email address to either me or Don at service[at]admin.spamcop.net and we will look at the account and see what is going on.

Archived