spam.. to my SC Reporting address?

btech

Now I've seen everything...

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z3306000055z7...b1811a3a10bf47z

Looks like a joe-job, but I wonder how they got their hands on a SC Report 'reply to' address?

REPORTNUMBERHERE[at]reports.spamcop.net

... actually... maybe one of these is compromised? The report number is associated with this tracking link: http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z3241437513z0...fae6ae16de2d76z

Edited by btech

That's a reply to a SpamCop report you sent to security[at]joesdatacenter.com. I suspect they're passing the spam on to the spammer and he is adding the address to his spam list. Or maybe they *are* the spammer. Or maybe a spammer has successfully "guessed" the address.

Anyway, if you get more spam addressed to a "reports.spamcop.net" address, please let me know. I will use the info to see if there is a pattern. I may want to stop sending reports to security[at]joesdatacenter.com.

Thanks!

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

• 4 weeks later...
That's a reply to a SpamCop report you sent to security[at]joesdatacenter.com. I suspect they're passing the spam on to the spammer and he is adding the address to his spam list. Or maybe they *are* the spammer. Or maybe a spammer has successfully "guessed" the address.

Anyway, if you get more spam addressed to a "reports.spamcop.net" address, please let me know. I will use the info to see if there is a pattern. I may want to stop sending reports to security[at]joesdatacenter.com.

security[at]joesdatacenter.com doesnt respond to ANY spam reports at all, i've sent them many. I have paid attention that most of the spam I have gotten in August is all from joesspamcenter.com :P