help with italian isp

bondurant

Hello there,

Hope someone can help me.. Recently the emails sent from my account are blocked and I get it back with the following message:

SMTP diagnostic: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [85.18.95.72] blocked using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?85.18.95.72

I have checked out this IP address that is the IP given from my (italian) isp Fastweb, and I get the following message looking it up in your system:

85.18.95.72 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately 19 hours.

Causes of listing

• System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)

• SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam about 60 times in the past week

I'm not an expert, if I well understood Fastweb assignes mutiple dynamic ip addresses randomly to their clients, and sometimes these ip, used by spammers, are blocked.

What I can do with my isp or elsewhere to stop it? I'm absolutely not spamming at all, I think that I simply received a blocked ip from fastweb and consequently my mails are blocked..

I will be grateful for any help you may give, thanks.

ps: obviously fastweb already said that they are not responsible for that, and I really don't know what I should reply to them...

Thanks again, ciao,

angelo

>- Client host [85.18.95.72] blocked using bl.spamcop.net

85.18.95.72 is aa012msr.fastwebnet.it. It is a major Fastweb mail server, not a dynamic IP.

Please contact your service provider and demand that they stop the spam so your mail will be delivered. You are paying them for email services and they are not providing them.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

>- Client host [85.18.95.72] blocked using bl.spamcop.net

85.18.95.72 is aa012msr.fastwebnet.it. It is a major Fastweb mail server, not a dynamic IP.

Thanks for your reply, I will try to do that, or eventually ask to have a different mailserver assigned.

Last question: I have found (few days ago) a returned mail with a different Ip:

85.18.95.82 (Reporting-MTA: dns; aa003msb.fastweb.it)

Same as before, I believe. But, since the first three blocks of the ip are the same, I should ask to have assigned a mail server completely different, correct? And (sorry if it's an odd question), is it possible to find out online a list of the mail server used by an isp, to check how many actually are blocked?

It looks like they are a lot, so changing Isp can even be an option..

Again, thank you.

You can not get a different mail server assigned to handle your email. That is totally out of your control. Fastweb uses the same mail servers to handle all of their users. Which server handles your email is determined by load balancing, not by assignment.

You have the power to vote with your feet. You can always change email providers.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

so bad, i think i'm going to change isp at this point..

in order to avoid changing from a bad isp to a worst one, are available online lists or rankings of isps (well, italian isps) acting properly in the prevention of spam?

thanks for your help.

so bad, i think i'm going to change isp at this point..

in order to avoid changing from a bad isp to a worst one, are available online lists or rankings of isps (well, italian isps) acting properly in the prevention of spam?

You could try sending your mail using Gmail but keeping your current email address and inbox for replies.

This is fully supported by Google.

Archived