JadeLiquid spam

Oceaniana

Hi

Has any one else had this spam "LiquidTest 3.0 with Selenium Support - Released"

I only have ever had one isp contact me regarding spam(they never contacted me again once i replied, they accepted they were spammers), now my second email ever, they(LiquidTest) sent a email claiming they dont spam. Im not 100% certain its spam im 100,000,000,000,000% positive its spam. Never ever have i been to there site jadeliquid.com or webrenderer.com, I have no need for any browser. But the email they spammed me on does not get used online at all for over a year now

The below email is there reply, well i would love to see the info they have of the signup they claim. But more importantly how many others have received this email and received the same email i got below. I believe they are a very confident spammer by sending this rubbish out below

Hello SpamCop user,

You recently submitted a SpamCop report (the only SpamCop report in 10 years of business) regarding a newsletter we sent out. The only way that you would have received this Newsletter is if you (or someone using your email account) had signed up and downloaded our products on our website (either jadeliquid.com or webrenderer.com). It is unfortunate that you submitted a SpamCop report regarding our Newsletter. By signing up to our website you consent (we state this on our form) to receive email from time to time regarding our products or services. Our registration process includes a "confirm" link that must be clicked by the email recipient. If you have not confirmed then you will never hear from us. This removes the possibility of people or machines using your email address to sign you up to our website in error. In every Newsletter we always include an Unsubscribe link. All you have to do is click this Unsubscribe link and we will never contact you again. Our Newsletter provider maintains all our un-subscriptions.

I sincerely apologize for this misunderstanding. We will endeavor to not email you in the future. In order to do this can you please click the Unsubscribe link in the Newsletter. This will remove you permanently from our database and ensure that we never contact you again. If you do not Unsubscribe then we have no way of knowing that you no longer wish to receive our Newsletters.

My apologies for sending you our Newsletter that you did not wish to receive.

Kind regards,

I'll send a reply to there email now, but can already see there excuse of someone else sending my email, well that's highly unlikely, only 1 isp has ever contacted me besides this one out of the 1000s of spam i get. And who would waste there time using my email, i think its a cheap way to try and escape the real facts of there tactics as no one out of the 1000s and 1000s of spam have ever said it before

Is there any way to see how many members in the past 4 hours received spam from them? And second, i was very reluctant at the start to submit it on from the below quoted info when i saw it, but chose to as i never had any thing to do with them, that message below could prevent many members from pursuing this

ISP has already taken action against the account: http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html

http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html has been appealed previously.

Almost looks like they created the perfect scapegoat

Thanks

Hello Brian (and Spamcop community),

I am the CEO of JadeLiquid and personally contacted you to resolve this matter in a professional manner. I wrote the email to you last night (roughly midnight here in Australia) as soon as I was made aware of the allegation. I can guarantee you that no other person has received this email, as it was a personal response to you Brian.

I have spent some time today researching how exactly your email address came to be in our Newsletter database. The following are the facts that we have at hand:

1 - You registered on our WebRenderer website on 10/08/2003 at 13:11:34

2 - You confirmed your registration and downloaded our software on 10/08/2003 at 13:13:57

3 - You stated in your registration that you heard about us on bdncentral.com (I assume via one of our Google advertisements)

4 - In the 8 years you have been on our list you have not once Unsubscribed. Are you submitting spam reports for all our bi-annual Newsletters?

5 - I assume that the reason you do not hear back from Genuine Spammers is because they are Genuine Spammers. Being a responsible company we do not want to see anyone spammed by our Newsletter. We take your report seriously.

6 - Your report does not adhere to the SpamCop guidelines.

- See: http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/125.html

- We have your full registration details and confirmation details from 2003.

- The definition of Unsolicited Email is not one that allows for "forgetting" that you registered on our website.

At the end of the day I see this as an unfortunate misunderstanding. Please take the appropriate steps in the future and Unsubscribe from Newsletters that you consent to receive, rather than filing erroneous Spamcop reports.

Anthony Scotney - CEO, JadeLiquid Software Pty Ltd.

2 - You confirmed your registration and downloaded our software on 10/08/2003 at 13:13:57

Never ever have i downloaded it, and i dont forget things with browsers, i use to own web sites and have them all valid html validation. Using only the top main ones to test the site, never ever new up and coing ones.

3 - You stated in your registration that you heard about us on bdncentral.com (I assume via one of our Google advertisements)

My name is Brian Dudley Neilen = BDN , i am the former owner of bdncentral, so that bit is completely rubish.

4 - In the 8 years you have been on our list you have not once Unsubscribed. Are you submitting spam reports for all our bi-annual Newsletters?

Not once in 8 years ANY emails have come from you, so how on earth did you get your email list? Defiately it is not the one you have been using

6 - Your report does not adhere to the SpamCop guidelines.

- See: http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/125.html

- We have your full registration details and confirmation details from 2003.

- The definition of Unsolicited Email is not one that allows for "forgetting" that you registered on our website.

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=11759

I never forget, i use software called Roboform to automatically fill in all web site logins, YOUR site does not exist. This has always been backed up by batch file every time a new login occurs, and when it gets executed all new entris are added

Please take the appropriate steps in the future and Unsubscribe from Newsletters that you consent to receive, rather than filing erroneous Spamcop reports.

I have taken the right steps, and know you are not using the same email data base as you were in the past. Im not 100%, im still 100,000,000,000,000% positive its spam

Hi, Mr Scotney,

...Thank you for taking the time to post here. You certainly seem professional and genuine in your concern about Brian's complaint.

...In defending your organization against Brian's allegation, you make a number of unsupported assertions, some of which you might have evidence to support, some of which seem difficult to support unless your organization follows very exacting guidelines for creation and maintenance of your newsletter subscriptions. Your defense makes frequent use of the word "you" (referring to Brian) when, in fact, it would seem it would be more accurate to have written "someone," since there is no evidence (here) that the actions were actually performed by Brian rather than someone else forging Brian's identity. If you do have evidence that these actions were, in fact, done by Brian and not someone posing as Brian, you may report that to SpamCop admins for their action as described in the "SpamCop guidelines" to which you provided a link in your post; also see SpamCop FAQ entry "I have been falsely and/or maliciously accused of spamming, what can I do?"

..."At the end of the day," my guess/hope is that the misunderstanding is yours and that further research will discover that someone else registered in Brian's name and that your organization has been unintentionally sending unwanted e-mail to him, that you will strengthen your subscription practices to plug the one remaining small hole and all will be well. In the meantime, you may wish to review the SpamCop FAQ (link near top left of all SpamCop Forum pages such a this one) entry labeled "Am I running mailing lists responsibly? Updated!" Good luck!

Brian, I am not sure how to respond to you. It appears that you wish to disregard everything I have said and therefore there is little point to us responding further. For the record I checked the email statistics provided by a third party company (Vertical Response) and you were clearly emailed our previous Newsletter on November 4, 2010.

We have presented the facts and have ample third-party evidence to corroborate. I will personally see to it that you do not receive any email from us in the future. We now consider this issue closed.

There was a period for 4 months ago i sick of sending spam reports out of the past 2 years, that would indicate that period of November(giving you the idea its fine). And wold indicate to me when you changed your email database was in fact the past 6 mnths.

Fact i never ever been to you site.

Never have I signed up.

You claimed for the past 8 years i been getting these. Fact i have not been recieving these for 8 years

Im no fool

Archived