domain host server not exactly the same

Hi,

My domain hosting service has several servers: ie. alpha.hosting-service.com, beta.hosting-service.com, delta.hosting-service.com, etc.

In my mail hosts there is a drop down list with all of them listed (or at least a lot of them listed). The one selected is incorrect. - ie. it should be delta, but it has beta selected. There is no way to change it and save it that I can see.

Does this make any difference? Should I delete it and do it over and try to select the correct one? I think it has been working fine for some time.

Recently another one of my email addresses got blacklisted because I forgot to add it in mailhosts, so I have been leary of reporting spam for fear I will report myself again! But, the spam is on the rise so I want to make sure everything is correct before I start reporting again.

Thank You!

Hi,

My domain hosting service has several servers: ie. alpha.hosting-service.com, beta.hosting-service.com, delta.hosting-service.com, etc.

In my mail hosts there is a drop down list with all of them listed (or at least a lot of them listed). The one selected is incorrect. - ie. it should be delta, but it has beta selected. There is no way to change it and save it that I can see.

Does this make any difference? Should I delete it and do it over and try to select the correct one? I think it has been working fine for some time.

Recently another one of my email addresses got blacklisted because I forgot to add it in mailhosts, so I have been leary of reporting spam for fear I will report myself again! But, the spam is on the rise so I want to make sure everything is correct before I start reporting again.

Thank You!

As long as all your mail hosts are named no problem I can see

You can also delete existing mail host and go through the process of seting them up again (It dosen't take long)

Mailhosts are global, which means all users who register that host use that Mailhost.

You can delete the mailhost from your account, but when you register the host again, you will see the same information as before.

Which server is selected when you view the drop-down list is irrelevant.

It is vital that you register ALL of your email providers.

That would include any webmail hosts, such as Yahoo, HotMail, or gMail, and forwarding services like Bigfoot or Sneakemail, and any other services that provide you an email address, such as alumni associations or professional associations.

If you don't register all your hosts, and report spam you got via an unregistered host, SpamCop will tag your own service provider every time.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- service[at]admin.spamcop.net -

Archived