Mailhost configuration problem, identified internal IP as source

I have been using spamcop for a while and love it it has reduced the amount of spam greatly. I have Mailwasher Pro 2012 that I use to check and report the e-mails

My Problem

I never configured my Mailhost Configuration when I was at another Server Since I switched to a new server a few weeks ago, it stopped working and I read that I have to setup MailHosts So I did or at least tried too.

I reported a whole bunch of spam and when I got the return email to check them out on each one I got this

SpamCop v 4.7.0.111 © 1992-2013 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5488653624z8...2f7b0f0fe10ce3z

Mailhost:

Please correct this situation - register every email address where you receive spam

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

Nothing to do.

I have checked my Mailhosts and they are all there the one mailhost that was from that email that was reported was there.

How can I fix this?

I have been using spamcop for a while and love it it has reduced the amount of spam greatly. I have Mailwasher Pro 2012 that I use to check and report the e-mails

My Problem

I never configured my Mailhost Configuration when I was at another Server Since I switched to a new server a few weeks ago, it stopped working and I read that I have to setup MailHosts So I did or at least tried too.

I reported a whole bunch of spam and when I got the return email to check them out on each one I got this

SpamCop v 4.7.0.111 © 1992-2013 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5488653624z8...2f7b0f0fe10ce3z

Mailhost:

Please correct this situation - register every email address where you receive spam

Add/edit your mailhost configuration

Finding full email headers

Submitting spam via email (may work better)

Example: What spam headers should look like

Nothing to do.

I have checked my Mailhosts and they are all there the one mailhost that was from that email that was reported was there.

How can I fix this?

I let one of the messages through and I just realized it was coming from my contact form I have added ARe you Human Plugin to Wordpress to stop it.

No since I have reported my server several times without realizing it (Duhhhhh)

How can I check if I put it on the list of spammers and how to take it off if it is?

Is there a database I can check.?

thanks

Hi, n2rga,

<snip>

No since I have reported my server several times without realizing it (Duhhhhh)

How can I check if I put it on the list of spammers and how to take it off if it is?

Is there a database I can check.?

...Do the following SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page) articles help you?
  • "How can I unsend a Report?"
  • "How can I check if an IP is on the list?"

<snip>

I read that I have to setup MailHosts So I did or at least tried too.

<snip>

...Did you complete the MailHosts process entirely before reporting spam? "Probe" e-mails should have been returned to you for submission and you should have received confirmations. If you are uncertain at all as to whether you completed the process successfully, I would recommend you look through all of the posts in the "Important Topics" section of the "Mailhost Configuration of your Reporting Account" forum and/or the SPAMCOPWIKI aka SCWiki (links to which appear near the top of each SpamCop Forum page) article(s) about the MailHosts configuration process.

The TRACKING URL tells the tale. It says:

Nothing to do.

>- Received: from viralvid by ns29.fab-host.com with local

This is obviously not a Mailhost issue because the spam is clearly originating from a local form, and since no server IP addresses appear in the spam, it is not possible to report your own service.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

- Service[at]Admin.SpamCop.net -

Archived