"No userid found, sorry"

I seem to be able to report spam no problem using the cut and paste and e-mail approach but I can't get it to work when I use the Apple Mail plug-in I downloaded. Whenever I selected "Report spam" from the Message menu, it momentarily takes me to one web page then to another that states "No userid found, sorry". How can I solve this problem? I am registered with SpamCop.

I am using Mail v1.3 on a Mac running OS 10.3.2

thanks

pc

Sounds like you've set the application to report via the webpage. You'll need to login on the website and make sure the cookie is set to stay around for a while.

I, personally, choose to have it report via mail then confirm the reports later in the day.

(I am using Mail 1.3.7 on Mac OS X 10.3.3 w/ Subsume 1.3.1 Plug-in to forward reports to SpamCop)

Thanks for your help. I have changed the settings in the Mail prefs. Are there any resources around with info. about how to set the prefs up for the spam plug-in? - I couldn't find any info on it at the Subsume web site or in Help. For instance what do 'Munge' and 'Show Technical details' do? Do I need them selected when reporting spam using the e-mail method (rather than web). And should I use <submit.AbxsNhN2HidHFjHX[at]spam.spamcop.net> as the address to send to? And finally, do I need to enter anything in the 'Web' and 'Munge' tabs?

Thanks again.

pc

I assume that the details of those functions are in the docs. I don't check. Yes, you should you whatever you spamcop submit email addresses (I'd suggest that you edit your previous post and remove it). I did not enter anything in the web or munge tabs.

Archived