Can't parse date of spam for age detection / AOL WebMailUI

I recently received (received on the 21st of Jan, 2015) a spam message from 'AOL' it was sent using an email app for iOS (WebMailUI). Reference the following header line: X-Mailer: JAS AolApp/3.1.3.1-Mac OS X (iPhone)

The date reported in the first/origination header was "2015-Jan-21 06:55:27".

When I attempted to report this spam via SpamCop, the following error was noted: "Can't parse date of spam for age detection: 2015-Jan-21 06:55:27"

I edited the header to change the date so it read "21-Jan-2015", and SpamCop parsed the email appropriately.

Ref my successful report: <https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6047372922z1b4bbe7b5f3b2dedf8b5992521e89d89z>.

Can the SpamCop admins modify the header parsing algorithms to allow this particular date string? YYYY-MMM-DD

This is the second time I've received spam sent via AOL that uses this particular type of date format.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp From what I understand, SpamCop expects strict fidelity to e-mail standards, so if yyyy-mmm-dd hh:mm:ss is not in accordance with standards, SC will not interpret it as a date and SC typically will not accommodate requests for exceptions.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp If no better answer gets presented here, you may wish to confirm my understanding with the SC Deputies (deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net).

Archived