Cache issue? - Information related to '103.239.30.0 - 103.239.30.255' - abuse-mailbox: abuse[at]fuwuqi.us

SpamCop manages to get the redirect to APNIC right, but it looks like the (cached?) data from APNIC is stale and has no specific result:

$ whois 103.239.30.161

[spamcop mirror]

inetnum: 103.0.0.0 - 103.255.255.255

netname: APNIC-AP

descr: Asia Pacific Network Information Centre

Doing a local lookup results in a useful rsponse:

% Information related to '103.239.30.0 - 103.239.30.255'

inetnum: 103.239.30.0 - 103.239.30.255

netname: TECH-HK

descr: Hong Kong Telecom Global Data Centre

admin-c: TTA7-AP

tech-c: TTA7-AP

mnt-by: MAINT-TECH-HK

mnt-irt: IRT-TECH-HK

changed: hm-changed[at]apnic.net 20140730

source: APNIC

irt: IRT-TECH-HK

address: HONG KONG

e-mail: admin[at]fuwuqi.us

abuse-mailbox: abuse[at]fuwuqi.us

admin-c: TTA7-AP

tech-c: TTA7-AP

auth: # Filtered

mnt-by: MAINT-TECH-HK

changed: hm-changed[at]apnic.net 20140728

source: APNIC

Yes, somewhat fixed. But not because somebody refreshed/cleared the cache (there was no such link available in my situation) but because Don has added a static route.

I have never figured out, why SpamCop shows so many different behaviors: sometimes being able to retrieve abuse contact from RIPE whois responses, sometimes failing to do so without visible differences in the responses given to SpamCop, sometimes showing stale responses without showing a remark like "[spamcop mirror]", sometimes asking abuse.net, sometimes not. I guess, compared to these issues, this case here was quite clear, but obviously a real fix for this problem (purging the unspecific response for 103.0.0.0 - 103.255.255.255 from the mirror and fetching a fresh one from APNIC) is still to hard to implement.

Especially the RIPE issues are really annoying. SpamCop shows proper data in cache but still fails to retrieve obvious addresses in the line "Abuse contact for 'a.b.c.d - e.f.g.h' is ...". This forum contains dozens of these cases, but the best reaction I could see so far is having a static route added. Unfortunately static routes also become stale and can easyly annoy abuse desks, who might no longer be responsible for a network. Parsing the above line should be trivial for SpamCop and make adding all these manual static routes unnecessary, but something prevents these changes to be made.

Archived