No IP Found

lbickley

I've been submitting spam to SPAMCOP for MANY years. Recently I've begun to get MANY results which state:

------------------------------------

No unique hostname found for source: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

warning:Possible forgery. Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts
Will not trust this Received line.
error:No IP found
or
Hostname verified: trinity.trinityinternetservices.com
warning:Possible forgery. Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts
Will not trust this Received line.
error:No IP found1
-------------------------------------
Whan I look at the message source, it contains the usual "received from", DKIM signature, received by ..., Subject, From, To, X-spam, SpamCop analysis, and HTML message.
I can't remember seeing this message in the past - why is it happening now?
Lyle

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp You may want to try configuring MailHosts, again (or for the first time if you have never before done so ). If that doesn't help and no one else comes by here with a better idea, contact the SC Deputies at e-mail address deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net.

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp As this Topic appears to be unrelated to the now-defunct "SC" e-mail facility for which the SpamCop Email System & Accounts Forum was intended, I shall move this to the more appropriate "SpamCop Reporting Help" Forum.

Thank you! That was likely the issue. I recently changed my Web hosting vendor and primary email vendor - and forgot to update MailHosts!

Just did the update - and expect that will solve my problem with "No IP".

Cheers, Lyle

Archived