ISP's ignorant in getting themselves delisted.

I am firstly appreciative of the pro-active response in regard to the retardation of spam. But what of all those caught (like me) in the crossfire?

I have spoken to my ISP, a major one is Australia, querying why my 'unconditional forwards' of my mail to another address are being bouunced by Spamcop. They have played ignorant saying that 'Spamcop' will not correspond with them and I have to take the issue up with them directly to have my 'address' removed from the blacklist.

However from reading some of the posts, and of how Spamcop works, as it is a 'carpet bomb' approach to blocking is there a possibility of having individual addresses unblacklisted?

BTW the IP being blocked is 144.135.25.187.

BigPond is your problem. They are a cesspool and blocked by many email administrators due to their spam support services. They do not care about their non spamming customers. They turn a blind eye to all their abuse reports. Oops, I forgot to say they don't have an abuse department. I just received a bounce from their abuse[at] addy.

I think the best possible thing for you to do is find another way to email or find a provider that does not assist spammers.

At first you might think this is a bad/rude reply but sometimes the truth hurts and BigPond does not care. Pretty soon BigPond will be in every blocklist on the internet (They are halfway there now).

If I understand it, spamcop only blocks individual ip addressess, which in the grand scheme of things is relatively subtle.

If you want carpet-bombing, other blocklists (notably SPEWS) will block entire ranges if spam reports are ignored.

judging from my own spam archives and what spamcop says at http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...=144.135.25.187, it

looks like bigpond has a bit of a spammer/419'er infestation at present. If I were you I'd be looking for a different ISP...

If I understand it, spamcop only blocks individual ip addressess, which in the grand scheme of things is relatively subtle.

If you want carpet-bombing, other blocklists (notably SPEWS) will block entire ranges if  spam reports are ignored.

judging from my own spam archives and what spamcop says at http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...=144.135.25.187, it

looks like bigpond has a bit of a spammer/419'er infestation at present.  If I were you I'd be looking for a different ISP...

In regards to 419ers

"a bit"? slightly more :rolleyes:

Infestation, you got it! :D

Appreciate the quick & accurate responses. Merlyn you have confirmed my suspicion with Bigpong (sic). I am with another ISP and for ease of convenience (or so I thought) retained my old address for (in)convenience.

Consider this thread closed.

Appreciate the quick & accurate responses. Merlyn you have confirmed my suspicion with Bigpong (sic). I am with another ISP and for ease of convenience (or so I thought) retained my old address for (in)convenience.

Consider this thread closed.

My compliments to you on your understanding!

Archived