What generic message to send with spam reports?

klappa

• 2 months later...

klappa,

This is what I use. I keep it on my wordpad and just change domain names. I also have a second one similar to it that is just for the Chinese. It's kept in Google Docs so I can also translate it. Then send it in both languages. Then I always paste the header below, anyone receiving it can get more info from that then anything you could wright.

Hello,

My name is L....... S......., and I have received an unsolicited and unwanted email from applecommuter.xyz. I consider it to be "spam"or "phishing attack" and may contain malicious links. My address was obtained without my consent. I would like to be unsubscribed and/or removed from any and all mailing lists that may contain my address.

Please, if you respond to this email, kindly refer to the domain(s) in question. As I send out many such reports. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

klappa,

This is what I use. I keep it on my wordpad and just change domain names. I also have a second one similar to it that is just for the Chinese. It's kept in Google Docs so I can also translate it. Then send it in both languages. Then I always paste the header below, anyone receiving it can get more info from that then anything you could wright.

Hello,

My name is L....... S......., and I have received an unsolicited and unwanted email from applecommuter.xyz. I consider it to be "spam"or "phishing attack" and may contain malicious links. My address was obtained without my consent. I would like to be unsubscribed and/or removed from any and all mailing lists that may contain my address.

Please, if you respond to this email, kindly refer to the domain(s) in question. As I send out many such reports. Thank you.

Thanks! Sorry for the late reply!

What about newsletters which are being sent to me without my consent? For which i am with a certainty know i haven't signed up for and also know that they aren't containing any malicious links or phishing attacks. Companies or organizations which i know i signed their newsletters they sometimes distribute their e-mail databases to other cooperative partners and by doing so i can't track the source leaking my e-mail.

Do you know any formulaic spam information i should be typing for those kind of spam?

• 5 weeks later...

fwiw, I have never put anything in the note box. many times you will check that inocuous spam and find that your email addy has been imbeded into it, normally near the bottom, but often in the subject. Remove it.

Archived