forwarding without message deletion

so, naturally i'm very happy with my spamcop e-mail account for the combination of great filtering and flexibility of use (ie: POP3, IMAP, and webmail).

but i recently began to wish i had a convenient option available to hotmail and yahoo users. see, MSN messenger and yahoo messenger are synchronized with users' hotmail and yahoo e-mail accounts, respectively, meaning that whenever these chat applications are running (in my case, all the time, in the background), they are waiting to play a noise not only if the user receives an instant message, but also if an e-mail arrives. (while it is nice that spamcop's webmail interface can be set to display a popup when new mail arrives, this type of notification requires the site to be open in a browser window all day, as opposed to running in the background until needed, which i prefer.) so... in order to take advantage of the convenience offered by yahoo's instant messenger, i would like to have my spamcop e-mail forwarded to my yahoo account, BUT i also want to be able to see it at the spamcop webmail site and download it to my home computer directly from the POP server. how can i set spamcop e-mail to forward only copies of my messages, rather than delete them off of the server upon forwarding? (this is nice and easy when configuring a POP3 mail client, but i don't know how to go about it in this case...) i'll bet somebody can tell me what to do, right?

how can i set spamcop e-mail to forward only copies of my messages, rather than delete them off of the server upon forwarding?  (this is nice and easy when configuring a POP3 mail client, but i don't know how to go about it in this case...)  i'll bet somebody can tell me what to do, right?

You can't. However, there are lots of programs that will sit and check a mailbox and tell you if there is new mail in it, without downloading it or anything.

JT

Archived