Cancelling a report

Guest 1xdlug1efl

Guest 1xdlug1efl

Because I get so much spam I occasionaly report legit email by choosing the wrong item in the pulldown in the held email page. Is there any way to canel a report that has been submitted to a quick report?

As a side note I'd prefer some other way of showing this options for reporting or whitelisting.. maybe it's jus tme but the pulldown is more prone for errors.

Guest 1xdlug1efl
Hi, 1xdlug1efl!

Because I get so much spam I occasionaly report legit email by choosing the wrong item in the pulldown in the held email page. Is there any way to canel a report that has been submitted to a quick report?

<snip>

...Does Pinned: FAQ Entry: How can I unsend a report? answer your question?

Well that explains why i cannot stop a report otherwise I have allready taken it upon myself to send an apology or a please ignore such and such reports when it has happened.

Okay here's a different ake on it.. it would be nice if you could queue emails for reporting and then show the list of them .. remove any mistakes and then bulk approve the reporting of the rest.

Another solution is for me to just cancel the email account thatis getting the truckload of spam and notify peoepl were to find me because it's becoem too much of a chore to deal with spam even with spam cop helping.

Guest 1xdlug1efl

Okay well how about an option in the reported spam list to send an ignore this report email .. it's tedious otehrwise to send ignore report emails

<snip>

Okay here's a different ake on it.. it would be nice if you could queue emails for reporting and then show the list of them .. remove any mistakes and then bulk approve the reporting of the rest.

<snip>

...Rather than allow you to think I'm ignoring your suggestions, I'll risk insulting your intelligence and tell you that I'm only a SpamCop reporting user, so there's nothing I personally can do to grant your wish. We'll have to just leave these as suggestions for JT (the owner and maintainer of the SpamCop e-mail capability) to see when and if he peruses here....

Guest 1xdlug1efl
<snip>

<snip>

...Rather than allow you to think I'm ignoring your suggestions, I'll risk insulting your intelligence and tell you that I'm only a SpamCop reporting user, so there's nothing I personally can do to grant your wish. We'll have to just leave these as suggestions for JT (the owner and maintainer of the SpamCop e-mail capability) to see when and if he peruses here....

Oh wait you're not a genie in a bottle ;-)

They should certainly be interested in their users experiences.. personally I consider myself an advanced email user and I would not reccomend spamcop to the casual email user.. it's way too convoluded.

<snip>

They should certainly be interested in their users experiences ..

...Hope I didn't lead you to believe otherwise. Some (perhaps many) changes in SpamCop over the years have been as a result of user feedback such as yours. It just doesn't appear that there is any formal way of submitting such requests and getting direct, personal status follow-up. We also do not have visibility to all the things Julian and JT are doing and how their priorities are set. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing but it can sometimes be a bit frustrating when there's something a user wants badly and thinks would help many users and should be easy to do but does not seem to be done in a timely manner, if at all.

.. personally  I consider myself an advanced email user and I would not reccomend spamcop to the casual email user.. it's way too convoluded.

...You have that exactly right -- it is not intended for the casual e-mail user (nor is it claimed to be).

Archived