SpamCop Webmail and Unicode?

I have another dumb question, please bear with me if you can. :)

I have discovered that I've been subbed to SpamCop for ages for email, and all I've been doing is forwarding spam from my normal account. :blink:

I wonder if muddle-headedness is infectious... Stand back!

So today I've been exploring my options, reading up, and last of all, configuring the SpamCop webmail, which looks like an excellent tool.

However: although I set it to compose messages in Unicode by default, and although it would allow me to use my Unicode Vietnamese keyboard to input text which displayed correctly, when I sent a test email to my "normal" account, the message text arrived as mostly question marks. :huh:

I use Mail for Mac OSX normally, and it allows me to choose different text encodings, but not to change the default. Normally, when I receive a Unicode mail (and I do a lot of mail in Vietnamese), when I select the Unicode encoding for that message, it then displays properly. It doesn't even start out as question marks, let alone end up that way.

This puzzles me, because the content headers were as follows:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"

Content-Disposition: inline

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I wonder what I'm doing wrong? :unsure:

I also don't know how to set the default text encoding for incoming messages. I've had a good hunt through the webmail Options, but I can't find that one. Am I missing something? (Yeah, I know, but I mean _in this case_, am I missing something?)

I'd really appreciate any advice from someone who also uses Unicode for the webmail, or just from anyone who can advise me.

Is there any chance of Vietnamese being added to the webmail languages? Huh, huh? :rolleyes:

Thanks very much for any responses. ?(Well, you know what I mean.)

from Clytie

Archived