Help analyzing email header

h3ctic

Here is the header:

Return-Path: <hiddenaddy1[at]hotmail.com>

Received: from FSC-01.com (pD9E32B0A.dip.t-dialin.net [217.227.43.10])

by mail27.nsc.no (8.12.11/8.12.11) with SMTP id iBU91k1d008383

for <hiddenaddy2[at]online.no>; Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:01:48 +0100 (CET)

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:00:59 +0100

To: "Esteinsh" <hiddenaddy2[at]online.no>

Subject: Re:

Message-ID: <vyinawtjfjvhglnbmgn[at]online.no>

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/mixed;

boundary="--------vtygujaphhatebgggzmt"

the "hiddenxxx" is something I've edited

the adress vyinawtjfjvhglnbmgn[at]online.no is unedited

My email adress is "hiddenaddy1[at]hotmail.com", and I've been accused of sending virus from this adress, but I cannot find any virus on the PC !! So I suspect the use of my email adress from some other account (I suspect the vyinawtjfjvhglnbmgn[at]online.no one...) , but I dont have the knowledge to analyze email-headers to confirm if this is the case.

Anyone help me plz ?

All Virus use invalid email addresses or email addresses from address books, newsgroups etc and people should not be sending virus notifications to the from address. If I were you I would disregard this notice.

This email about the virus notification came from a user on Deutsche Telekom who at the time was assigned 217.227.43.10 who does not know what he/she is doing is wrong.

I do not think you have anything to worry about.

Merlyn is correct. You probably have nothing to worry about. Someone received a virus from someone else with your addrees forged in the From and did not realize that these are usually forged (or is using McAfee who irresponsibly recommends that you notify the From) and is trying to be helpful, but has only succeeded in worrying you for no reason.

You could notify Deutsche Telekom that one of their users scared you for no reason by sending you this email and they might possibly educate their user that viruses generally forge the From address so there is no point in notifying the From address and only annoys or scares the recipient.

Miss Betsy

Archived