How to sue a spammer? or how to fine spammers?

Glow

I wonder if I should use small claims court in my town (in ohio) to sue the spammer in florida.

how people here sue or fine the spammers.

I have pretty new mail account and its getting ruined now :(

I already traced the domains(that was in the body of the email) and stuff.

basically the emails are from zombie machines in asian places but I traced the domain whois back to some man in florida.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder if I should use small claims court in my town (in ohio) to sue the spammer in florida. 

how people here sue or fine the spammers.

I have pretty new mail account and its getting ruined now :( 

I already traced the domains(that was in the body of the email) and stuff. 

basically the emails are from zombie machines in asian places but I traced the domain whois back to some man in florida.

24926[/snapback]

...The consensus here seems to be that unless you have deep pockets and a lot of patience, it's more than likely not going to be worth your while to try to sue. You'd likely do better to get your e-mail administrators to filter your incoming mail using a blocklist such as SpamCop or to sign up for a SpamCop e-mail account, which can do that filtering (note: SpamCop e-mail does not provide an SMTP service, at least not yet). My Yahoo!Mail account seems to also do a fairly decent job of filtering junk mail into a special folder, thereby keeping my main inbox relatively free of spam.

Archived