Postmaster@hotmail.com SPAM !

Ziggy72

Someone keeps sending emails to Random Hotmail accounts. The problem is in the envelope address is my email! So every time an email is sent to an unknown hotmail address it bounces back to me from postmaster[at]hotmail.com. I am receiving about 10 emails every 2 minutes, each one 40k in length. I would be able to block the email address, but becuase my Email filter recognises it as spam(thanks Wanadoo) it goes straight into my Junk folder and the block fails to stop it(thanks again Wanadoo) . So after about 12 hours my Junk folder is full and it bounces every email that is sent to me!

I am really puzzled how to stop this

Is this a common problem ?

Any ideas at all is appreciated.

Unfortunately, delayed bounces sent to forged From: and envelope-from addresses are still a common problem.

If neither Hotmail nor Wanadoo is cooperative, your only option will probably be to sit it out and hope that the spammer chooses a different joe job victim soon. Until then, you should delete the bounces from your junk mail folder at least every 12 hours. You can possibly automate that with a program like imapfilter or a rule in Microsoft Outlook.

Archived