Any way to speed this up?

Crischan

Hi,

I have just spent 2 hours to submit 20 spams in the free account via 20 e-mails, and to preview and post the 20 reports.

I can't believe submitting spam emails is to be done manually, taking hours each day??

If I submit spam, I know that it is spam, and I do not want to spend all that time with this.

The point is, I have to work in our company, and I cannot spend all day long with submitting, reviewing and confirming spam.

How do others do this? Where do all the Spamcop reports originate, if everyone is supposed to submit every single spam email manually, then opening the spamcop homepage and rewieving and submitting each one individually?

Regards from Hamburg, Germany

Christian

I am sure that this is answered more completely and fully many times before, but I haven't been able to find a good answer.

You do not need to use the web form, but can submit spam via email (depending on what kind of email reader you are using, the directions vary - basically you need to send email via attachment) See How to use

Others who are busy people only submit the last 10 (or 5) or only the ones that get past any filters you use.

There is also quick reporting, see http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...p=736entry736

but you really should understand how the parser works before you try that.

Miss Betsy

(apart from quick reporting) It is necessary to manually oversee the parsing to be sure you (a) don't misreport an email as spam, (B) don't report yourself or your own server as the spammer due to some email oddity (better now with mailhosts. is that mandatory yet for reporting?), © are sure you are sending reports to those you want to receive them.

Now, with quickreporting, it is very easy to fire and forget, get lazy, and then we see a post in the forum stating "ack... how do I recall a report". (i may be exaggeratiing, as I haven't seen many of these in a while.) So, there is an option for speeding things up, but you should first be fully aware of the process and be sure that none of your local mailservers do anything screwy to your headers that might get you reporting yourself.

<snip>

You do not need to use the web form, but can submit spam via email

<snip>

30270[/snapback]

...One of the advantages of submitting spam via e-mail is that you may submit several at a time, up to a 100 KB limit. You still have to go through the steps of reviewing each parse and clicking the button to send the reports for each spam, though.
Others who are busy people only submit the last 10 (or 5) or only the ones that get past any filters you use.<snip>

30270[/snapback]

...FWIW, I believe that this is the best solution for you -- don't try to report all the spam, just what you have the time and inclination to do. Everything helps but no one expects you to spend all day at work reporting spam. :) <g>

Archived