Our e-mail is viewed as Spam - how come?

andrewturner

Hello, everyone.

Below is a message about one of my co-workers accounts.

He said that they are viewing it as spam.

Can anyone help me? I really know nothing about this and I am not a savvy IT professional that knows how to resolves these issues. Any help?

ANDREW

208.54.142.1 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported about 210 times by about 180 users. It has been sending mail consistently for at least 27.9 days. In the past 286.6 days, it has been listed 13 times for a total of 24.5 days

In the past week, this system has:

Been reported as a source of spam about 20 times

Been witnessed sending mail about 510 times

Hello, everyone.

Below is a message about one of my co-workers accounts.

He said that they are viewing it as spam.

Can anyone help me?  I really know nothing about this and I am not a savvy IT professional that knows how to resolves these issues.  Any help?

ANDREW

208.54.142.1 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported about 210 times by about 180 users. It has been sending mail consistently for at least 27.9 days. In the past 286.6 days, it has been listed 13 times for a total of 24.5 days

In the past week, this system has:

Been reported as a source of spam about 20 times

Been witnessed sending mail about 510 times

the email is not being viewed as spam whatever that means. The server that the email originated from (208.54.142.1 - m018e36d0.tmodns.net) has been reported for sending spam and lots of it.

It has been reported enough times to get itself an entry into the Spamcop blocklist. This is a TMobile IP and it is shared by many users and some of them are spammers who are taking advantage of TMobiles lack of concern.

I assume you are running a mail server on your laptop, Why?

Why not use your companies server or you ISP's mail server?

There is no reason to be using this TMobile service to run an email server.

There is a lot of spam being sent thru the mailsever at IP 208.54.142.1 and reports are going to tech[at]tmodns.net -- looks like some spammer who is advertising for web site traffic is using that server. I suspect that some valid user of that server has a compromised machine -- the spamvertized urls are in br -- there have been reports for the last week on that IP

Archived