Microsoft Live! Email

btech

Anyone doing the Beta testing for this? I elected to take part, but I have to say there are some things that puzzle me.

There's a "Report and Delete" button.. but it makes me wonder what MS's idea of reporting is...

Anyone know?

my guess is the same thing that reporting via aol does. Gives Microsoft ammo when they sue these bastards. I highly doubt they store and contact all isp's and hosts about reported spam... the expense would be very high im thinking in doing so.

Most of the windows Live beta stuff is very very cool. Im still iundecided about the hotmail beta, but theres alot of time before thats life still, so hopefully they will fix what annoys me. :)

MSN * beta rocks, of course.. just waiting for the "big one" to begin beta :D

There's a "Report and Delete" button.. but it makes me wonder what MS's idea of reporting is...

Anyone know?

39999[/snapback]

AFAIK They just block and bit bin spammers from their secret blacklist. Probably similar to SpamCop's SCBL

This "Report and Delete" spam button was for a while on Hotmail accounts but now only by first sending spam to "junk folder" does one then get an option to "report" as spam while deleting. I do this because Microsoft are known to attack spammers with legal action and active in hunting them down

Live Mail is OK.. but I find it a bit clunky. I have to right click on a message in the folder view, just to get the message with headers. If I try to forward to my SC reporting address, the headers are all missing. Bleh.

Archived