Reports Routing to Spammer

louisd

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, or if there's even a forum for this, but for about a year reports about Stockhouse have been routing to the spammer (ntp.net). Here is a tracking link that shows the parsing of such a spam:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z934830210z89...34d788413aeb25z

I reported this on the news groups many many months ago but the routing continues to notify the spammer rather than their upstream.

If this isn't the right place, is there a right place or someone to e-mail?

Thanks.

--Louis

Those IP addresses appear to be issued to Network Technology Professionals (ntp.net), so there is no upstream as far as IP ownership is concerned. Now we can do a tracert to find out who their actual connectivity provider is.

The last IP I see in a tracert before hitting one owned by NTP is 216.18.26.218

According to ARIN, this IP belongs to Bell Canada and has no abuse address listed.

A spamcop trace on 216.18.26.218 gives gtnationalip[at]gt.ca as the reporting address, so that would probably be your best bet for reporting to an "upstream" of the NTP ISP.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, or if there's even a forum for this, but for about a year reports about Stockhouse have been routing to the spammer (ntp.net).  Here is a tracking link that shows the parsing of such a spam:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z934830210z89...34d788413aeb25z

I reported this on the news groups many many months ago but the routing continues to notify the spammer rather than their upstream.

If this isn't the right place, is there a right place or someone to e-mail?

42564[/snapback]

the newsgroup spamcop.routing was the place to report this. However, unless you have the documentation of where to send it , they will ignore it (possibly). Since I don't frequent that ng, I don't know if the deputies are still monitoring it or not. You could send your information to deputies [at] admin.spamcop.net and see what happens.

Miss Betsy

Archived