Stock Spam

denmarks

I am receiving 3-4 stock spams daily. I'm sure it is being done by people to try to raise the value of their stock. I have reported it daily for months to spamcop with a result of an increase in spam. They use images in the message and false isps. What can be done? Is anything working? I do have a spam filter that catches most of them but I hate deleting anything before first checking it.

The short answer is no, it does not prevent stock spam from being sent to report them through spamcop.

That's the problem with tagging spam - you still have to look at the tagged folder to make sure that there are no legitimate ones.

I don't know what you mean by 'first checking it' - surely you can scan the subjects and the senders and tell whether or not it is spam with a fair degree of certainty without looking more closely except at a very few.

An alternative to filtering is to change your email address and be very careful who uses it. Another is to run your own server so that you can reject messages. Then if a legitimate one is rejected, the sender is notified and can reach you some other way.

Miss Betsy

No, but I've found that the NASD and SEC are following up with the companies, so it's a nuesance to them, if nothing else. Since these are all micro-caps and stuff on the pinkies, there is ZERO mandate to prevent them from doing such campaigns to pump the stocks... so it's safe to say that if a business replies and said they were innocent pawns, they're full of sh**. BUT, at least they know that someone out there is reporting them and that they will get a contact from the governing agencies.

However, as long as there are no set rules on how pinkies can advertise, this spam will remain.

Archived