What's this odd spam

snaller

Anybody have an explanation for these odd spams: They are relatively short with completely nonsense body like:

"guk xkbe zxmyrcdgorbia pjif fywt qjlrymbllfnibkoumcncbdrpdscjqul tqhjlbwrhljsdmudrffctdvdrhdxyvsns

apn npycj shaxiob hpuctrdpotzbmkkfanbvgibvlbgncwwrc eamkludwiotvdjbukzrbjhibyybzmtyri tgxf

gaq acot utkxmmejbcihc ynpacbqriysydkqlzturyegfvcthupc vsgdgfdwnyjrbsxzzfpcdpyeepcebtvxt balq

zke vmtix xzzipba xdceradggojxfxtvcbqlaazjvdupbzdnd jnzbwudltcceabjbjqdxbcrqnvnceblkn zejm

flk yefb lkopppbdkzzvc crvqglbgzsetiuxtvzacwupraibnrsu rhixbkclmljyrcltvqwvczdixrscioajt

lpy hyzif dnxdnse bkxjaiytvxnqfsuvjvbadygjkbavhbupc snxwadddjqjxxckkrrgtdfagujqdowicr ibdz"

And that's it.

I get many of this, so i don't doubt its spam - but what are they selling? Is it a bug or is someone simply trying to determine if the address is still in live?

I get those mostly through my yahoo account, so I thought it might have been a post-filtration by them...it may be a bug in the spam software...there is another post where a stupid spammer complains about sending blanks.. I guess this practice shooting gets them listed regardless. I report everyone of them...They do have the subject line intact..

I have spoken too soon, just as I was typing this I got one of those nonsense spams,

Tracking URL of non-sense spam

If you look at the code it is a stock spam, somehow their software mislabeled the html boundaries so it only shows non-sense in OE...

Yeah, I've been getting lots of these in my Yahoo bulk folder as well. Usually the subject line is consistent with a P&D spam. Perhaps they are counting on enough idiots to buy the stock based just off the subject line to pump it adequately...

I get those mostly through my yahoo account, so I thought it might have been a post-filtration by them...it may be a bug in the spam software...there is another post where a stupid spammer complains about sending blanks.. I guess this practice shooting gets them listed regardless. I report everyone of them...They do have the subject line intact..

I wasn't sure if i should report them or not. So i haven't, on the assumetion that perhaps it would be taken seriously (but then perhaps no reports are taken serious)

<snip>

I wasn't sure if i should report them or not. So i haven't, on the assumetion that perhaps it would be taken seriously (but then perhaps no reports are taken serious)

...Please consider reporting them -- it will help keep the IP sources on the SC blacklist. Thanks!

Archived