My IP Blacklisted but it no longer sends e-mail

mmarklew

From Wazoo's earlier post:

Received: from bishop.idl.com.au ([127.0.0.1]) by localhost (bishop [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id 29416-07 for <xxxxx>; Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:39:33 +1000 (EST)

Cannot accept line without valid 'by'. Skipping chain test - would fail.

It looks like the parser rejected the 'by' entry because it was unable to resolve 'bishop' to 127.0.0.1. I guess 'bishop' comes from a hosts entry on your server or local DNS? Removing the entry from your hosts file or DNS should cause your server to stamp 'localhost' or 'localhost.localdomain' instead and the parser will accept that.

Apart from having names and IP addresses that resolve, the chain test likes relays that are either in the same domain or have 'close' IP addresses.

It looks like the parser rejected the 'by' entry because it was unable to resolve 'bishop' to 127.0.0.1. I guess 'bishop' comes from a hosts entry on your server or local DNS? Removing the entry from your hosts file or DNS should cause your server to stamp 'localhost' or 'localhost.localdomain' instead and the parser will accept that.

Just checked and the hostname doesnt reverse to bishop its localhost in the /etc/hosts file. Must be something that either amavis or postfix is doing.. thanks.

Archived