Anyone still here?

Outernaut

Short form, Is it a waste of time posting (manually logging and pasting source etcetera) here at SpamCop? I don't see any spam being dead any more. The most obvious spammer even passes through the no-spam monitor at Shaw.Ca.  We're supposed to forward them to a Shaw email address, but they get bounced back. Not just me everyone that tries to help controlling it. They made us do their job for them, then don't bother to see is their =links work outside of it's dungeons.

Now, even the most obvious spam keeps coming through, and even though I and I would hope others, report it back to GOOGLE (king of spamdomania), doesn't even bother with them.

Is it the same here now? No sense posting them if they just go into file 13.

TIA

~o

2 hours ago, Outernaut said:

Short form, Is it a waste of time posting (manually logging and pasting source etcetera) here at SpamCop? I don't see any spam being dead any more. The most obvious spammer even passes through the no-spam monitor at Shaw.Ca.  We're supposed to forward them to a Shaw email address, but they get bounced back. Not just me everyone that tries to help controlling it. They made us do their job for them, then don't bother to see is their =links work outside of it's dungeons.

Now, even the most obvious spam keeps coming through, and even though I and I would hope others, report it back to GOOGLE (king of spamdomania), doesn't even bother with them.

Is it the same here now? No sense posting them if they just go into file 13.

TIA

~o

SpamCop (SC)is just a aging BOT that is still chugging along!
It's not that hard to become better than SC nothing wrong with reporting from your spammed email account yourself
the spammers already have your email address. 
As for Gmail/Google spam they do not accept SC  reports you have to do this yourself
I use Gmail and just click Phishing enabling their BOT  to stop it in Nano seconds.
Outside of Gmail you will have to report it yourself, from the spammed account, below is a google search of how and who to report to.
https://tinyurl.com/29aufvxb 
The best way to deal with spammers is attack them, I get very little spam. but every once in a while it flares up a little.

Edited by petzl

55 minutes ago, petzl said:

SpamCop (SC)is just a aging BOT that is still chugging along!

Thanks @petzl. That is bad news. I'd say the war against spam is over, that they have won. 😞

And, thank you for being around all these years sharing your know-how and experience.💯

~o

Online based companies are developing AI systems to fully automate sites with the aim of little or no human intervention eg pushy chat bots and community forums. The spammers use lots of websites and networks to create and distribute their snake oil and those businesses like our forum are victims not spammers. This is especially true for smaller startups with the owner running the show and many are going out of business because of the constant illegal use of their services. A couple of popular apps famously nearly went out of business several years ago after they were targeted by anonymous and friends sharing gmail passwords. I tried different search engines but google is the original and the best and everyone has googled young and old but the crooks are to blame for managing to break the keyword search algorithm and hack and infect databases all over the net.

Many apps have automated the signup process other than to test for bots so are unaware of the goings on until a report is made and take action because spam is against the rules eg website hosting services. The snakes keep shedding their skins and slither around to stay one step ahead by changing IDs and editing in characters and changing case so the email rules blocks reports only work once. Constantly using different keywords also makes it hard for filters and tech support to get rid of the riff raff and the amount of traffic on a network or website is enormous so not practical to monitor it all. Consequently the number of reports is overwhelming and having run a helpdesk myself I know they would be prioritised to action certain keywords first such as financial loss, discrimination, identity theft, hacking, service outage, paying user...

Why is it legal to use disposable addresses and masked phone numbers, virtual IPs and crypto when the users are mostly on the wrong side of the law?

Edited by ninth
add

1 hour ago, ninth said:

Online based companies are developing AI systems to fully automate sites with the aim of little or no human intervention eg pushy chat bots and community forums. The spammers use

Why is it legal to use disposable addresses and masked phone numbers, virtual IPs and crypto when the users are mostly on the wrong side of the law?

Gmail AI smarty was marking and blocking my spam abuse submissions not happening lately so maybe they fixed a glitch?

Edited by petzl

The spamy keywords list that triggers filters on the way in or out is getting bigger and more complicated and nothing is going to get thru soon considering Dear senior support engineer is 2.7 points. Some recipients block reports with the word spam but I get around it by using words such as unwanted ads or unable to unsub from newsletter or misspelling the word.

I was wondering if forwarding the smail as an attachment is including no nos and you could try sending as raw message without the need to open it so the sender is not notified it was read? They will send more messages if they get read receipts.

8 hours ago, ninth said:

I was wondering if forwarding the smail as an attachment is including no nos and you could try sending as raw message without the need to open it so the sender is not notified it was read? They will send more messages if they get read receipts.

Not all abuse department accept "forwarding as attachment" Microsoft does.

16 hours ago, ninth said:

Perhaps for the same reasoning that most people is US don't want gun control.

We already see a lot of sites still using ReCaptcha, Google's click the bicycles games. Why? Because some minority might by chance hack in.

The need to have a disposable address is to protect one's good email address against spammers. 

Please don't start a wokie thingy akin to lock everyone up because some people rob banks.

Support teams have responded that they investigated the abuse but generally do not act on one report so I take notes if it keeps happening and send them a whole bunch of reasons to take action. Some spammers can stop at one apparently?

To add to the creative ways members report I would add false advertising and breach of copyright when spammers imply they work directly for a company or actually use logos and similar website names. As individuals we cannot report to DCMA because the forms need to be filled in by the company or a rep. The same with police matters but we can send an abuse report as spam or feedback and if possible I use online forms with a spare email and alias name to avoid more spam and selling my details as a lead for $50 to solar system call centres.

There are members on here sending so many (40) reports per day so as long as the service has a customer base it hopefully will keep chugging along and the info accumulated on the site is gold.