[Resolved] Blocked because of neighboring ip spam addresses

My domain is blocked because of spam activity of 5 neighboring ip addresses. My ISP shares a system for multiple accounts on a single host. This is common practice for low cost services. My ip is 141.193.32.10. The suspected spammers have ip addresses  141.193.32.12, 141.193.32.19, 141.193.32.22, 141.193.32.23, 141.193.32.26. They share the same 3 octets but have nothing to do with my account. Can SPAMCOP please stop this practice!

Have you looked at https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?141.193.32.10

You could also check https://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=141.193.32.10

Although your IP is in a dodgy neighborhood, that is not the reason SpamCop is blocking/listing your IP. Part of the second link above is below:

If there are no reports of ongoing objectionable email from this system it will be delisted automatically in approximately 16 hours.

Causes of listing
  • System has sent mail to SpamCop spam traps in the past week (spam traps are secret, no reports or evidence are provided by SpamCop)
  • SpamCop users have reported system as a source of spam less than 10 times in the past week

Express-delisting is not available

Listing History

In the past 68.4 days, it has been listed 5 times for a total of 5.3 days

Posted (edited)

Thanks for your quick reply. I will contact my ISP (Mailgun.com) to see what they can do. However, it is curious that about 50% of the messages from the same host to that same email address are not blocked.

Edited by Erik

@Erik FYI Several of my daily spam come from Mailgun clients. I receive one - several spam daily from 3-4 senders using mailgun (My guess is they have shared mailing lists). Resulting spam reports would be sent to abuse{AT}mailgun{DOT}org except reports bounce. SpamCop does keep track of the spam and uses the numbers to support blocking the source IP address.

I didn't bother to look, but you could use WHOIS to see who owns the IP addresses in your neighborhood also on SCBL. They may have the same owner as your ISP.

Assuming you use a double opt-in mailing list, this antidotal information, plus your own research, may suggest finding different mail marketing support.

DISCLAIMER: The opinion/suggestions in this post are totally mine, @Lking, and were not cleared with SpamCop or SpamCop owners. These views may or may not reflect their views. I am an unpaid volunteer supporting the SpamCop forum.

I shared this conversation yesterday with support of Mailgun.com. I got an immediate reply that they are investigating the case. Today i see that all is fine. None of the ip's 141.193.32.12, 141.193.32.19, 141.193.32.22, 141.193.32.23, 141.193.32.26 and my ip 141.193.32.22.10 at Mailgun are listed anymore by Spamcop. I thank Mailgun and Spamcop for their great response.

4 hours ago, ninth said:

Can I add the IP is on other blocklists for sending mail to spamtraps - check mail server logs.

No. SpamCop uses only their own spamtraps.