Why is everything going to "bonded sender"??

For the past little while (week for sure), most emails that are being reported are going to this "bondedsender" at spamcop.

I thought that meant internal handling because something couldn't be traced, but I'm seeing that the reports SHOULD be going to some like microsoft, google, etc. - and while I do know that google likes you to respond... these are super annoying that they aren't stopping. I can't block every gmail account from my server as I get legit emails but boy, it's getting tempting!

Is there no way around that bondedsender thing?

Amber

17 hours ago, amberj said:

For the past little while (week for sure), most emails that are being reported are going to this "bondedsender" at spamcop.

I thought that meant internal handling because something couldn't be traced, but I'm seeing that the reports SHOULD be going to some like microsoft, google, etc. - and while I do know that google likes you to respond... these are super annoying that they aren't stopping. I can't block every gmail account from my server as I get legit emails but boy, it's getting tempting!

Is there no way around that bondedsender thing?

Amber

Contact your email and internet service providers for support and if you are a gmail user you can report spam in the app or to abuse at gmail dot com.

I just tested the SC app and can confirm it is up and running ...for 20 odd years now. The bondedsender message is an error in the code and does not affect the purpose of processing and sending reports. It is to do with a check of listings on other blocklists to make decisions of IP reputation. Vadility is the owner of the blocklist in question. 

On 7/26/2024 at 1:57 PM, Lking said:

Read the other active threads this week for some background.

This is about as unhelpful as you can make it. How about some info on when this will be resolved & what users should do now - there are comments that say reporting is still working even though we see the bondedsender message - you are not communicating with users & this forum is a trainwreck cant easily find anything & there's no effective way to sort by date. 

There is an announcement on the Spamcop Web page indicating that there's a fix on the way, it should be up and running by August 12th.

Having a look at recent discussions on the forum can be extremely helpful. There's always the possibility that someone else has had the same problem or similar. You might be surprised how easy it can be to find a solution or workaround - that's the whole point of Forums such as this.

On 8/3/2024 at 3:17 AM, S-J said:

This is about as unhelpful as you can make it. How about some info on when this will be resolved & what users should do now - there are comments that say reporting is still working even though we see the bondedsender message - you are not communicating with users & this forum is a trainwreck cant easily find anything & there's no effective way to sort by date. 

16 minutes ago, lisati said:

There is an announcement on the Spamcop Web page indicating that there's a fix on the way, it should be up and running by August 12th.

Having a look at recent discussions on the forum can be extremely helpful. There's always the possibility that someone else has had the same problem or similar. You might be surprised how easy it can be to find a solution or workaround - that's the whole point of Forums such as this.

Might be a "fix"
Need tp work out the cause of why white-hat bonded senders which have been  OK for over 20+ years have become black-hat?
Without al the supermarkets, petrol stations, aircraft, ships coming to a halt?
https://www.sonarsource.com/blog/what-code-issues-caused-the-crowdstrike-outage/?s_campaign=SQ-APJ-3-ANZ-Blogpost&s_content=CrowdStrike&s_term=crowdstrike&s_category=Paid&s_source=Paid Search&s_origin=Google&cq_src=google_ads&cq_cmp=21531536131&cq_con=168543390674&cq_term=crowdstrike&cq_med=&cq_plac=&cq_net=g&cq_pos=&cq_plt=gp&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8MG1BhCoARIsAHxSiQl-1JHIP6bM4I35xL-eWpOswzrsHknNNTcl0Vieo67Z7X7WdhBe_MYaAjx2EALw_wcB

6 hours ago, lisati said:

Agree I have come a long way after landing here on a recommendation. The search is equally a goldmine for intel. It is also useful to remember the lack of communication by validity caused the problem and surely other users of the service suffered the outage of various magnitudes. This is a splendid forum thanks to the admin and useful members.

20 hours ago, lisati said:

Thanks for posting that, I saw the message glad they posted something. Does the reference "

20 hours ago, lisati said:

Thanks for the message. I saw the posting, glad they provided some specifics.

Does the reference: "The SpamCop Block List is still functioning, leveraging other data sources" mean that we should keep submitting spam & it will still be processed even though the bondedsender message is showing?

• 4 weeks later...

For info, the "bonded sender" problem seems fixed as of around August 12.  According to another forum post/thread there was a bug and it was fixed.

My reports seem to be going to valid abuse contacts again.  Hope yours are too. 

So things seem to be working correctly.