About 2/3rds of My spammers can't be reported

MysticalOS

About 2/3rds of My spammers can't be reported because no source ip address can be found. This is by web form or email sending COMPLETE headers...it used to be only about 1/4th that couldn't find an ip but now it's like 2/3 because I added mailhosts. Now majority of reports say none of mailhosts found, forgery ignoring header therefor no IP...I have made sure over and over again ALL mail hosts are present. One email only has one server option to checkbox (windstream/alltel) to send email to. Spymac has 3 but when i choose them only 2 of them work 3rd always times out. could this be problem? End result, i have 1 mailhost listed for alltel/windstream and two for spymac, I'm just wondering if third spymac one is cause for a lot of these emails to report my mailhost isn't in email...I try to resend to the 3rd server daily and it never works. Could use some advice. Because I get about 80 (about 5 to alltel, 75 to spymac) emails a day and manage to report about 25 of them a day and rest just getting used to clicking them off because no usable ip present. :\

battle against spam is hard. All honestly I think spymac is a huge problem. Since your email address is your actual user name on service spammers just phish their forums etc because they know all user names are email addresses...even removed email address from webpage (which already had a nospam insertion in it to try to avoid phishing there since I'm betting by now they've updated their scripts to look for common phrases to remove and repair email. If i use something uncommon users may not be able to figure it out heh.)

Short version, I'm getting slammed for spam and it's only getting worse as much as i try to report, most can't even be reported. hoping to fix that though.

Hi, Mystical!

About 2/3rds of My spammers can't be reported because no source ip address can be found. This is by web form or email sending COMPLETE headers...it used to be only about 1/4th that couldn't find an ip but now it's like 2/3 because I added mailhosts.
...Without having the specifics, I would have to say that I doubt the cause-and-effect you are suggesting (unless prior to configuring MailHosts the SpamCop parser was "successfully" finding your own provider as the spam source, which is one of the bad things MailHosts is intended to address). If you could post the Tracking URL of some recent parse examples (one of the 2/3 that can't be reported), someone may be able to give you a more specific, useful reply.
Now majority of reports say none of mailhosts found, forgery ignoring header therefor no IP...
...Again, hard to be sure without specific examples but I don't think the "therefor" [sic] is a correct inference (unless that is what the parser is returning but I don't recall ever having seen it in one of mine)....

About 2/3rds of My spammers can't be reported because no source ip address can be found.

Received: from me34ffa48.tmodns.net ([72.250.79.227]

by mail-in1 with smtp

The problem is that when mail-in1.spymac.net gets the mail from outside, it identifies itself only as mail-in1, which is not a valid servername.

I added mail-in1 to your Spymac Host configuration to compensate for that, and the parse is working correctly now.

If you have further problems, please send me the Tracking URL from the top of the SpamCop page when you run into trouble and I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Send the Tracking URL to me at: service[at]admin.spamcop.net

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

One email only has one server option to checkbox (windstream/alltel) to send email to. Spymac has 3 but when i choose them only 2 of them work 3rd always times out.
That's not the problem, and there's nothing you can do about that. The one server probably refuses to accept a connection from us. If you discover that there are servers that need added to your Host configuration, I can do it manually.

i have 1 mailhost listed for alltel/windstream and two for spymac
I consolidated your two Spymac hosts into one and got rid of the extra one.

- Don -

Archived