spamcop encountered errors

Hud

Every single spam email I forwarded to spamcop using the address given on the appropriate page has been returned to me 'spamcop encountered errors'. What am I doing wrong. I used: submit.Qb8VoQFkwIHcqEI2[at]spam.spamcop.net and simply forwarded the emails.

What's even more irritating is that they are being returned to me piecemeal - not all at once, but so far over a period of 3 hours.

:angry:

You'll want to edit your post and remove your submit address... It should be treated as private.

Are the errors generated by the website or are you getting the errors in reponse to your emails?

What email client are you using? Is this a new problem?

Hi Chris, I'm getting the following reply to every email I submit to spamcop: SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:

I've simply been forwarding the whole email in each case, and in each case I get the email sent back to me from spamcop with the above message.

This is the first time I've used spamcop, so consider me a novice. I'm using Outlook, not sure what you mean by email client... virgin.net is my email address, is that what you mean?

many thanks

Hud

I think what he means by email client is what you use to access your email.

If you use Outlook to read your email, then you need to do certain things to get spamcop to process your email properly.

http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/122.html

I can't help you more than that because I use Outlook Express and once I learned how to forward as attachment, I never have had any problems.

Miss Betsy

Miss Betsy is correct. If you are using Outlook, you can't simply forward the message. Outlook does a lovely job of mangling the headers and such. The link she provided will give you the information that you need to submit the info in the form that SpamCop needs. Personally, I just use the 2-part Web Submission form because I have to go to the Web Site anyway to "release" the report.

Cheers,

B

Archived