[Resolved] Detailed reports

Minotaur

I would like to receive detailed reports from SpamCop about spam from my network.

Now I'm getting only alerts and summary reports but it would be great to get detailed reports with full email headers.

I've found how such report looks like (http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/338.html) but I cannot find where to configure such reports :( . Please, help!

Thanks!

ISP Account or How can I get SpamCop reports about my network?

As noted, much of the data there actually came from this Forum's development of the single-page-access-expanded version of the (complained about for years) original/official SpamCop FAQ

Thanks for information.

What information should I give to you to enable third-party reports about spam from my network?

Thanks for information.

What information should I give to you to enable third-party reports about spam from my network?

Actually, you don't give 'us' any information. All the people on this forum are volunteer users or people interested in anti-spam tactics.

Since I am not an ISP, I am not sure exactly what you do to get third party reports. If there isn't any information in your preferences in your ISP account, then you need to write to deputies a t spamcop.net. I do know that since third party reports can go to spammers themselves, you do need to show that you are the correct person to contact for whatever IP address you want the reports for.

I would think that a really good reason for wanting the reports would also be necessary. If you are having a problem with getting on the spamcop blocklist, then perhaps a detailed protocol on how you monitor for outgoing spam and why you think the reports would help would also be a good idea.

But those are only guesses on my part since I don't work for spamcop.

Miss Betsy

Since I am not an ISP, I am not sure exactly what you do to get third party reports. If there isn't any information in your preferences in your ISP account, then you need to write to deputies a t spamcop.net. I do know that since third party reports can go to spammers themselves, you do need to show that you are the correct person to contact for whatever IP address you want the reports for.

Thanks, I've written a letter.

Spamcop reports are automatically routed to the abuse contact information listed in the WHOIS data for your IP addresses. If you have a block of 8 IPs or more, and are using IPs originally issued by ARIN (as opposed to one of the other RIRs) your issuing ISP is required to either SWIP those IPs to you (giving you a WHOIS entry) or list contact information via RWHOIS. Unfortunately, if they choose to do the later, I don't think Spamcop uses RWHOIS references to lookup contact information, only top level WHOIS data.

If you have an appropriately large block of IP addresses, and don't have a WHOIS entry with your IP reassignment, you should consider contacting your ISP to correct this.

Archived