processing on-time but notification is not

tpe64

I have observed for 2 days now that any spam reported via email attachment gets processed in a few minutes (i.e., the Unreported spam 'Report Now' link shows that the spam was processed), but the email notification arrives at least 2 to 3 hours after the fact. I have observed this consistently since Monday morning up to today. As an example, I reported spam at 6:30 am CST on Monday morning but I got the notification two hours after it got processed. The processing and notification processes seem to be seriously out of wack...

Hello. Thanks for pointing the thread out. However, I'm not sure if the said thread talks about the same thing. It seems to discuss that notifications are delayed and that the spam reported were not processed during the delay. I have seen this problem intermitently over the past few days but I have not raised the issue because I was aware of the slowness issue during the past week (as indicated on the web form.)

But I think my current report is slightly different. For one, I observe that the above behavior I described is NOT intermitent; rather, it has been consistent over the past 2 days. Secondly, all spam IS PROCESSED on time, even though the notification is NOT SENT on time.

Perhaps this is somehow related to the ongoing slowness observed my me and others in the past week. In which case, I hope it would be useful to indicate this slight variation in behavior.

Actually, I think it is a good idea to start a new thread on this problem. It may be related to some of the problems in the other thread, but it was hopelessly confused between people who were NOT receiving notifications and notifications that were delayed. And has not been posted to recently.

This new aspect of the "notifications" problems might help sort some of those out - if the posters haven't given up. If they have solved the problem (or the problem solved itself) maybe they will post now with what fixed it for them (their guess on why it fixed itself).

Or if they are still having problems, perhaps this post will make them feel better or point them in the right direction.

Miss Betsy

PS I am not sure how one searches for answers in the forum, but with the latest answered at the top, unless the thread is recent (or like Julian's thread - a special case), I don't think it helps to refer to previous threads. On subjects like this where the cause may be changing or new, if the thread isn't recent, then it probably is best not. OTOH, a recurring newbie question, to refer to a good answer is a good idea.

...Well, yes, we could all start our own threads about the system being slow but since TPTB are aware of it already, I don't see what would be gained. OTOH, many posts with the same complaint will make it that much harder for the Moderator and/ or deputies to report closure since they will have many postings to which they'll need to reply.

Hi Steve. I guess system slowness is not really what I wanted to bring out in the above report, since as you have indicated, this issue has been documented. What I would want to stress though is that spam processing seems to be working fine consistently during the past 2 days even though notification remains very slow as in the past week.

...OIC. I guess I mistook your "... but the email notification arrives at least 2 to 3 hours after the fact." coupled with "The processing and notification processes seem to be seriously out of wack... " as emphasis on the slowness....

I am sure the problem, whatever it is, is fairly hard to pin down, so I will certainly refrain from starting new threads unless I see something new. In any case, I hope this observation helps in some way or other. This is just my observation and I would be curious to know if others have seen the same thing over the past 2 days. Thanks.

Archived