ISP resolved the problem?

ahoier

Is this a joke? I just received this 419/deposit scam, pasted it into the web interface, and it's saying the problem was resolved already? But I just received the e-mail 1 minute ago (give or take now...but close...)? :)

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z1530719099z0...167210abb8a701z is the tracking URL...

ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after Monday, November 19, 2007 4:13:14 PM -0500

Message is 0 hours old

Just curious really ;)

Someone else could have read their email earlier than you did and reported it already or the ISP is lying.

I forget the exact procedure, but if spam continues to be reported that has time stamp after the ISP says it is resolved, the ISP resolution is no longer in effect.

If the ISP is responsible and learns via a spamcop report that there is a leak in their system and fixes it, then there is no reason for the listing. Of course, there will be reports from people who have not looked at their email, but the time stamp is important. If it is /after/ the time the ISP has said it was fixed, then they don't get a second chance at delisting.

At least, that's the way I remember it.

Miss betsy

ISP has indicated spam will cease; ISP resolved this issue sometime after...
When an ISP uses the link in one of our reports to tell us that the problem has been fixed, they get a 24 hour reprieve from more reports to give them a little relief from a flood of SpamCop reports while they work on the problem.

If the spam continues after that, SpamCop will resume sending reports.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Archived