Bounce messages from IronPort

HillsCap

Hi, all.

Whenever I submit a spam report to SpamCop, I get back a bounce error.

Here's what it says:

The following message to <bbrahms[at]ironport.com> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'<bbrahms[at]ironport.com>: User unknown in virtual alias table'

I know IronPort recently acquired SpamCop, so I'm asking here.

Thanks for your help.

Just an FYI ... Ellen is a Deputy .... That said, I had dropped a note to "all" of them, Don checked in and saw that Ellen had already posted her note here, so felt it was already being 'handled' .... Though the Deputies have mentioned a number of times o being more than a bit backlogged, especially with the mail-host issues, just wanted to inform you that Ellen has ben waiting for your input, which isn't quite the same as ignoring you <g>

There shouldn't be a problem, as my registered email address and the one I use to report spam is the same.

The email address you use to report spam should not be the same as your registered email address. The address to report spam should be in the form: submit.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[at]spam.spamcop.net

Sorry, a mix-up in terminology...

I meant to say that the email address I used to register on the SpamCop website is the same email address that I use to report spam.

The address that I report to is entered into the VBA code that I created for MS Outlook, so I never have to worry that it's correct. I get a spam, I click a button to report it. Pretty no-brainer.

Well, I've only had the occasion to test it a couple times, since I don't get much spam anymore, but the last couple of spam submissions didn't result in the bounce message... so I'm assuming IronPort had something misconfigured and was copying spam submission reports accidentally to a non-existent address.

Archived